Rar Mount 3 for MediaPortal (3 Viewers)

Moelito

Portal Member
September 17, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Same here, MP RC3, win7 Ultimate (32-bit). If I try to run dokanctl /i a I get "driver intstall failed". Don't know if it means anything...
//Moelito

alturismo

Portal Pro
July 28, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
after changing some hardware here i got it now running

fresh install win7, MP, ...

install rarmount 3.0.0lite
install rarmount 3.0.1

like this it works, on my sys nr. 3 i cant get it working (didnt install win7 new there yet ..)

also only worked when there where no dokan drivers installed previosly

unalterable

Portal Member
September 25, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Well... almost... but I am not sure if it is a problem with RarMount. I seem to have some "MediaPortal has stopped responding" errors popping up here and there. Sometimes after a loooong time and sometimes after 10 minutes. I did not have this before installing my RarMount (I think). Anyone else have such strange problems on their installation.

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:	mediaportal.exe
  Problem Signature 02:	1.0.7.22218
  Problem Signature 03:	4bf12684
  Problem Signature 04:	DokanDrive
  Problem Signature 05:	1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:	4bf1c829
  Problem Signature 07:	6c
  Problem Signature 08:	36
  Problem Signature 09:	System.AccessViolationException
  OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	4105

As soon as Mediaportal detects my dokan drive it displays this error.

Rebel Maedhros, i have the same problem... using MP 1.1 RC2... this is my last error... they're all pretty much identical:

Code:
Problem signature:
Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:	mediaportal.exe
  Problem Signature 02:	1.0.6.27718
  Problem Signature 03:	4bc47e7c
  Problem Signature 04:	DokanDrive
  Problem Signature 05:	1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:	4a226e3a
  Problem Signature 07:	66
  Problem Signature 08:	36
  Problem Signature 09:	System.AccessViolationException
  OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	2057

Rebel, You seem to suggest you have solved the problem:

EDIT:

And it's working again after a quick dokanctl /r a - dokanctl /i a - reboot - I'M IN MIAMI BITCH!

I'm afraid the "dokanctl /r a - dokanctl /i a - reboot" passes the extent of my knowledge... Could someone explain this to me?... or offer an alternative solution? These errors are driving me mad!

Or are we all just waiting for another (more stable) dokan/rarmount update?

boondoggle

Portal Member
October 3, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
woho! did so many things but this is how i think i got this to work.. first i reinstalled windows 7 x64.. installed mediaportal 1.1 RC4 and then the rarmount plugin. I got the same error (the nothing happends when i push the file error) as before. But! When i installed the dokan x64 library this time and rebooted it worked (it even worked to mount a rared iso, using virtual clone drive, as i was wondering earlier). However i didnt get the mkv files to work. i got similar error others :
Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: mediaportal.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.8.15683
Problem Signature 03: 4c04b9f6
Problem Signature 04: DokanDrive
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4bf1c829
Problem Signature 07: 6c
Problem Signature 08: 36
Problem Signature 09: System.AccessViolationException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1053
"
however this seemed to be due to me not having installed Haali media splitter just yet. Actually i did install ffdshow tryouts before but that didnt work.. but after the Haali install i can now play every rared file i have :).. Thanx for the awsome plugin that i wanted since i first installed mediaportal and now finally works for me as intended! :))

Maedhros

Portal Pro
December 14, 2005
Gdansk, Poland
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi guys,

I am sorry to take that long, but I am abroad in Stockholm for training and to train. And several projects are active in my sparetime, so you can imagine ;-)

The AccessViolationException is unfortunately nothing we can do something about. It is a bug in Dokan as described here:
Issue 157 - dokan - AccessViolationException on .NET 2.0 while running any .NET app with library reference. - Project Hosting on Google Code

I have not looked further into it, but my own MediaPortal has had the problem as well. It just pops up in the middle of a movie or something like that. So I move the dialog out of the way (lower right corner ;)) and then I may watch the movie to the end. However, I will not be able to open another rared movie until I restart MediaPortal :-(

However, the problem does not exist on XP I think (correct me if I am wrong), so it might be related to some UAC or something like that. I do not have the possibility right now to test that. But if someone has the time and opportunity, try this:

1. Disable UAC
2. Make sure to run MediaPortal as an administrator
3. Do as usual to provoke the exception

If that works, it might simply be a UAC issue and then we have a temporary fix until Dokan fixes the issue. It seems to be a bug in the library.
Again, I have not had the time to look into the details of this bug, but I am hoping to have time from next week when I finally come home again ;-)

unalterable

Portal Member
September 25, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Maedhros,

UAC? Do you mean User Access Control? In Windows?

I've set the slider to 'never notify', how would one disable it further?

I don't think this is what you mean... Could you explain a bit?

boondoggle

Portal Member
October 3, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
There are several ways to disable UAC as described here: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 My Digital Life and your way, unalterable, is one of them. Ive been running with UAC disabled and i actually get the dokan error even if im just looking at an unrared movie?!? And yes, im running MP as administrator. So my happiness in the post above was a bit hasted. It feels like a windows 7 problem, or even "just" x64 problem? I really hope the cure comes out soon.. hopefully along with the new release of MP, please! <:)

Keldandorin

Portal Member
April 9, 2006
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Anyone know if it works with 1.1.0 final? and where can I download it. Link on first page to rarmount.com gives me a 500 errror from the iis server. Have a old working setup so dont realy want to upgrade if this dosent work.
Thx ,for any information

//Håkan

boondoggle

Portal Member
October 3, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I had some trouble updating the RC4 to 1.1 (it didnt overwrite the TVplugin.dll so it complained about it being an old version) but after a reinstall of MP and reinstall of the rar plugin and uninstall and reinstall the x64 version of dokan library (reboot!) i finally got it running again. And this time it seemed something has been cleared up coz in RC4 it was really unstable but now i only got it to crash if i switched movie (rarSTORED ofc.) without stopping movie inbetween. I havent stresstested this very much but i thought id write in on this because i had a feeling its not really dokans fault? Even though dokan makes the windows error screen appear, it is so much more stable now. A little more tweaking of MP code and this will run without trouble?

Maedhros

Portal Pro
December 14, 2005
Gdansk, Poland
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Anyone know if it works with 1.1.0 final? and where can I download it. Link on first page to rarmount.com gives me a 500 errror from the iis server. Have a old working setup so dont realy want to upgrade if this dosent work.
Thx ,for any information

//Håkan

You just have to look in Plugins directory on MediaPortal main website. Or just click this link (same same ;-) ):
MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - RarMount 3.0.1 for MediaPortal

Boondoggle:
As I posted earlier, chances are that it is connected with the Dokan bug that I posted a link for. I haven't checked up on this for a while now, so maybe they have released a new version of the library. In that case I just need to update the reference in the plugin and then we may see. But the instability issue seems to be consistent with the description of that bug in their bug tracker. Therefore, I have not used any more time on it since then ;-)

EDIT:
Aaaaaand I just checked and status is set to fixed. However, the following note has been attached:
"This issue will be fixed in the next DokanNet release (with Dokan 0.6.0)."

So we will have a fix for the AccessViolation issue once 0.6.0 is released. Hopefully he will release it soon :)
I have not tested 0.5.3 binding though. It might have improved stability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom