Rar Mount 3 for MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

Maedhros

Portal Pro
December 14, 2005
Gdansk, Poland
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I am unfortunately stationed in Stockholm at our Swedish office, so I don't have the source code at hand. However, the current version is 0.5.3 I think. I updated it as the first thing I think. The next version will be 0.6.0.

I have been playing with the thought of using SharpZipLib for the task instead though. It seems that it might be possible to stream the stuff directly in-memory without need for a mounted drive and so on. Then feeding that stream to the internal player. But I haven't looked into this due to too many extra projects besides work.

Maedhros

Portal Pro
December 14, 2005
Gdansk, Poland
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Argh... sorry.... probably read "tar" as "rar" when I found it ;-)
You see what you want to see ;-)

However, THIS project looks VERY interesting!! - NUnrar - Unrar in pure C#

NUnrar looks like the kind of thing we would need ;-)

Then the plugin basically becomes af stream-forwarder... just feed the stream to the player..... wiiith a little bit of magic besides that of course ;-)

So far... other than that we will need Dokan 0.6.0 :-/

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
First of all: all my RESPECT for this great plugin! It works excellent (at least until now I did not have any problems).

But (and there always have to be a BUT), do I get it right, that subtitles are not working (yet)? Or it is me who is doing something wrong. Most of the time I use external subtitles (srt) with mkv files (TV shows), is it possible to have them displayed?
If not, maybe VobSub can do the thing?

EDIT:

I have found a solution that works perfectly for external subtitles using Rar Mount3 in MP 1.1.

- first of all, you have to use ffdshow as your default video codec (I'm using latest SAF 5beta pack, ffdshow with DXVA support)
- you create a folder for subtitles, for eg: 'D:\Subtitles'and you download all your subtitles into this folder (REMEMBER: the video file and the subtitle must have the same file name)
- enable subtitle support in ffdshow config, and configure the subtitle properties according to your preferences
- select the created subtitle folder in ffdshow as a default folder for subtitles

That is all, you have your subtitles displayed when staring the movie.
Of course, there are some drawbacks, but I think there are easy to live with:

- you can not change the subtitle ON/OFF during playback (well, maybe you can configure a shortcut for remote in ffdshow for turning subtitles ON/OFF, have not tried yet)
- you can not switch between different language subtitles, that is, you will have only one subtitle displayed

I really think that this is quite a good solution. BTW, the embedded subtitles in MKV files work without ffdshow subtitle support.

I hope this helps you!

Sparrismanne

Portal Member
February 18, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi

I need help. Installed the 3.0.1 rarmount and everything looked like it worked fine. I got the episoed i´m trying with into tv-series and tryed to play but nothing, and i meen nothing happend.

What am i doing wrong?

palox

Portal Member
October 24, 2010
Home Country
Norway Norway
i got the same problem.. almost.. it works fine with the series (rar stored .avi or mkv). But when i click a movie (rar stored dvd .iso \ img) nothing _ NOTHING, happens... i can't figure out why... help anyone? some easy settings that i've clicked wrong someplace?

palox

Portal Member
October 24, 2010
Home Country
Norway Norway
works with rared MKV files.. it mounts them and plays them.. just wont mount iso files? i cant figure out why..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom