[no Bug] RAW Transport Stream TS dumps not created (1 Viewer)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I tried that already: selected raw dump, clicked ok, closed tvconfig, reopened, made sure ts dump is still selected, went to manual, selected my channel, started timeshift, waited a minute, closed, no raw dump.

Could you check at your end if it works for you.

And also - does the raw_paket_dump.ts appear immideately in that folder, like other two files, or only after one minute, or only after the timeshift is stopped?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Yes it works here, I checked that before i replied. Try to reboot to make sure no old stuff is hanging TV Server & test after that, if it doesn't work we don't have a crystal ball so logs is then needed ;)

Regards
    Roy

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have more details now.

This looks strange, but this method works fine and produces the raw dump raw_paket_dump.ts file only for the digital ATSC (free OTA channels) of my Hauppauge WinTV 885 card. It does not produce the dump for the analog cable channels on same card (Hauppauge WinTV 885), and rebooting the PC after setting the ts dump does not help. I am only getting live10-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts and live10-0.ts.tsbuffer files when I start the timeshifting for the analog TV card channels. The latest logs attached.

Please help!!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    This looks strange, but this method works fine and produces the raw dump raw_paket_dump.ts file only for the digital ATSC (free OTA channels) of my Hauppauge WinTV 885 card. It does not produce the dump for the analog cable channels on same card (Hauppauge WinTV 885)

There is no point in dumping the analog RAW data. Just use the recording since it will contain all the data already.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Could you please confirm this is expected behavior, and if it is, maybe this should also be mentioned in the wiki article.

I know the source signal contains North American analog (line 21) closed captions, but ccextractor program I use doesn't see them in any of my resulting analog .ts recordings. I had a feeling they were stripped off at some point, but what you are saying - the closed captions should be there including the file _Canada - Discovery Channel - Shaw Cable (analog cable).ts uploaded to your ftp server. Digital atsc recordings do contain closed captions, but I am not sure about the analog recordings.

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As analog cards don't produce raw transport stream it would make no sense to dump them as a recording or timeshifting would be the same. I added this information to the WIKI.

MisterD

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom