RC1 + 1. SVN doesnt save view settings and last viewed positions from recordings (1 Viewer)

jdivic

Portal Pro
October 25, 2005
Croatia
Hm... since this behavior has been spotted since release of RC1 maybe this thread shouldn't been moved here... it has nothing with new SVN builds... :)

Unauthorized

Portal Member
January 11, 2007
I also liked this feature very much and am sad that it is broken since RC1. I use XP x86 as server only (with MSSQL Express installed by deploy tool) and 2 clients with Vista Ultimate x64, all 3 actually on build 18951 (RC1 was the same). The shows are marked as watched but MP always restarts at the beginning.

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    It seems to be a BUG, can anyone put this in to the mantis?

:D
    MoPhat

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    To be in Mantis, first add proper post(system specs, howto reproduce & attach logs) ;)

Regards
    Roy

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    ok, i attach the logs tonight with starting MP in debug mode

MoPhat

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Ok, now dont laughing...

i have connected me yesterday over rdp to my mediacenter pc, started mp in debug mode, tryed the few steps witch did not work before... closed mp and startet normaly...

surprise: IT WORKS NOW!

i dont know why

but for me its solved fo the moment

...no logs there from my side

EDIT:
    I have unintalled Vista SP1 before i did the test because sometimes after resuming from standby USB has not worked with SP1

:mad:
    MoPhat

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    But still it is a bug, and should be corrected....

Hi,

Where is the bug(No step by step to "how-to" reproduce)?
    Where are the log attached which is required for a bug report?
    Where are the system specs which is required for a bug report?
    & what exactly is the bug(i have tried to read but thread has unfortunately become a mess ;) )?

So if nothing it's added which is required this thread will be closed.

Regards
    Roy

jdivic

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2005
    Croatia
    hello,

I noticed problem you are talking about on my clean (without SVN) RC1 installation. And problem is like this: if I watch recorded show on server machine than current position is recorded and when I start to play again it shows me question about continuing or starting from beginning, but on client it seams that it has a problem with writing because if I watched recorded show on server machine and press stop, and then go to client machine and start to play that show it asks me if I want to continue, but every time from the point I stopped on server machine, not from the last point on client machine.
    If I start to play new recorded show on client machine it will never record that I started to watch the show and will never ask me if I want to continue.
    So as I can conclude on server machine it works ok, but client machine can read info about where show was stopped but can't update or insert that info.

If this is not a step by step "how-to-reproduce" I don't know what is... try if this works and if it works I stand corrected, but if it doesn't it should be corrected. This really reminds me on a middle and senior management in IT (yes I'm programmer) in a Bank here where I work... It can be a HUGE and OBVIOUS bug, but if you didn't fill the proper form God forbid to correct that... it's far more better to close eyes and say oh... there is no proper form filled so there is no bug... life is just perfect... isn't it?

Thank you all for all the hard work, but don't be so rigid in accepting this kind of bug reports... this obviously isn't a hardware or configuration problem, machine doesn't crash, it is easy to reproduce... this is a small bug in a code, take debugger and locate it, if I get hour or two I'll find it and post a correction, but for someone who wrote this TV plugin it should be a 15 minutes to patch this, just based on a description...after all it is one insert/update statement generation on a client side in a TV plugin, select part of that combination works well.

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC1 SVN 19010 (dedicated server)
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC1 SVN 19010 (client)
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
    Windows Version: XP SP2
    CPU Type: Celeron 2.66GHz
    HDD: 160GB
    Memory: 512MB
    Motherboard: Intel
    Video Card: ATI Radeon X400
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: FireDTV Floppy
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver: "latest"
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ATI MPEG Video Decoder
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Nvidia
    h.264 Video Codec: ATI MPEG Video Decoder

Hi!
    I'm still having this problem with SVN19010, if its a bug or not I'm not shore of ;)

To reproduce;
    1) Start MP an go to recorded shows.
    2) Start a show, and it starts from the beginning.
    3) Press "stop"
    4) Start the same show again, and I will NOT get the question if I would like to run it from the start or from where I stopped it the last time, it just starts from the beginning again.

Upload all log-files, because I don't know which you want. If more info is needed I'm glad to help.

/tompa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom