RC3 - choppy livetv / no signal / on dvb - thread restart (1 Viewer)

SweMart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have managed to resolve my problems by doing the following:

1. Do an uninstall
    2. Delete all files in the folder "Team Mediaportal"
    3. Reconfig and delete all channels that my subscription doesn't contain. This seem to be the key to success. If I entered a non allowed channel I would receive the "No Signal" and MP would never recover from it.

I do get the "No Signal" once every week or something but it's easy enough to recover from it by switch to a FTA channel and then going to stand-by and start again.

Cheers,
    Martin

ohdarklord

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2005
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    SweMart said:
    I have managed to resolve my problems by doing the following:

1. Do an uninstall
    2. Delete all files in the folder "Team Mediaportal"
    3. Reconfig and delete all channels that my subscription doesn't contain. This seem to be the key to success. If I entered a non allowed channel I would receive the "No Signal" and MP would never recover from it.

I do get the "No Signal" once every week or something but it's easy enough to recover from it by switch to a FTA channel and then going to stand-by and start again.

Cheers,
    Martin

Im going to give this a go as ive lot alot of channels that i cant receve that are in the channel list.

vbgeezer

Portal Pro
    December 18, 2004
    Auckland, New Zealand
    If only I could get this sorted my HTPC would be finished

So my contribution

1. Card Name: Hauppage PVR350
    2. Card Type:
    3. Country: New Zealand
    4. If you restart MP does the signal come back? (Y/N) Y
    5. If you change channel does the signal come back? (Y/N) No
    6. Do you require a reboot to be able to use TV? (Y/N) N
    7. Do you know of any tricks to re-enable TV without restarting / rebooting? Ctrl+Alt + Del | Task Manager | Scroll to MP - observe high CPU usage | wait and MP retasks focus | Turn off TV | turn on tv | yay it's back -

I always use time shift so I can go back to where it stopped using left arrow and carry on.

It's v frustrating though and Wife WON'T use MP if I am not at home.

I don't think it's my setup or drivers etc as I always run latest SVN and they were all that I had changed since it worked and then started having this problem in early Feb?? not sure when as I don't get the problem everyday. Since experiencing the problem I have updated everything except that I should add that until just now I hadn't tried upgrading my PVR350 drivers so although my details list the latest version 22 23070 I haven't yet had the no signal with these drivers. If this fixes it I will post that back here later. Don't know why I never tried that.

Hope this helps any more info I can provide? Please tell me what you want.

Used support tool to gather data as follows

Area: Media Portal Program
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4 (2006-05-28 )
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
    Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
    .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
    DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
    Audio Codec: NVIDIA Audio Decoder
    Video Codec: NVIDIA Video Decoder
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3000+
    Memory: 511 MB
    Motherboard: nForce (Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.)
    TV Card Model: PVR350
    TV Card Type: Hardware
    TV Card Driver: 22 23070
    Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 (128 MB)
    Video Card Driver: -
    Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
    Video Render Type: VMR9
    Audio Card Model: NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio
    Audio Card Driver: -
    Synopsis::

NoSignal Detected

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Im going to give this a go as ive lot alot of channels that i cant receve that are in the channel list.

I don't think that this will help.
    I sorted my channelslist (only 10 channels) and nevertheless I got the "No signal" message yesterday.

ohdarklord

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2005
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    flokel said:

I don't think that this will help.
    I sorted my channelslist (only 10 channels) and nevertheless I got the "No signal" message yesterday.

It didnt
    but if you get the choppy tv and then it loses signal and you see what media portal was doing in the log you will notice that it was getting the dvb egp. Some people thought it was that it was having problems getting the egp from encrypted channels so it was worth a try. (but it turns out that i had allready tryed it a few months back and forgoten.

If you look at the media portal change log the new svn has

MediaPortal TVCapture
    On 29/05/2006 [09:03:04] Broce added the following change: DVBDemuxer back to rev 7400, trying to fix 697

And if you look in the mantis the nosignal problem is 697
    Im going to give it a go as i have nothing to lose

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Excellent. I look forward to hearing how this goes.

(I'm away from home at the moment or I would try it myself).

Marcus.

vbgeezer

Portal Pro
    December 18, 2004
    Auckland, New Zealand
    so far so good

too early to say as I don't get no signal everyday.

When I got home tonight I saw the SVN update and went into overdrive. Installed before doing anything else. Watched TV all evening - no problems so far.

Everything else seems to still be working so if you have this problem it is probably worth a try.

But please... take a backup ;)

shreddies

Portal Member
    August 10, 2005
    robomonkey said:
    With mPods help here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=15534&highlight= I've tried a pre 7400 revision, based on RC2.

Using this version I haven't had ANY 'no signal' errors in 5 days or so. I suggest that others also try revision 29-01-2006.

I concur that this old build works *much* better - I've had none of the "no signal" problems that I get within an hour of running a more recent build.

I see that the mantis bug was assinged to Frodo last week, hopefully he can get this fixed so I can go back to RC4.

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Has anyone tried any newer SVN (May 29th or later)? DVB-T is a lot better now here, changing channels is much faster with almost no flicker or signal lost. I read the changelog frequently and it seems that the DVB muxer was changer for an earlier version (or something like tihis :) ).

shreddies

Portal Member
    August 10, 2005
    Thanks Igalan, I might try a new svn tonight as apparently the DVBDemuxer has been brought back to 7400 (which will be the same version as my RC2 install).

On 29/05/2006 [09:03:04] Broce added the following change: DVBDemuxer back to rev 7400, trying to fix 697

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom