Re-Launch of MP EPG Downloader (1 Viewer)

razorbakmax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi Big Kev,

is your program working with SQLExpress 2008, because i have this message when trying to connect.

Error connecting to TVserver Database
    Failed with the following message :
    [AnyDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][Gestionnaire de Pilotes ODBC]Source de données introuvable et nom de pilote non spécifié

Razorbakmax

RodB

Portal Member
    January 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Big Kev
    Your solution looks great. I am using MP 1.0.2 and have the same issue as others - all looks OK in the logs but data is not entered to the MSSQL database (table dbo.Program). Tried the "Load Fields" button which did delete some fields but still no data into the database. Any other ideas for 1.0.2 users ??
    RodB

thomas.p

Portal Member
    February 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    EPG Downloader is working as intended for me except for one little thing:

My channel provider has several channels on the same frequency, which they swich between at set times every day - say 06:00-18:00, 18:00-2400, 24:00-06:00.

As my EPG provider gives me access to data for all the channels I need it should be a no-brainer to combine them, but somehow I can't make EPG Downloader do it...

Is such a feature implemented or do you have any plans to do so in the future?

Thanks for your great work Big Kev!

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Version

A new version is available 0.1.2.2.

It contains fixes for "gap filling" on MedaiPorta 1.1

Gap filling now works for the new database structure.

For example: some HD channels in Australia only publish program data where the program is different from the SD channel, so these channels would only have a few programs in the guide for each day.

Gap filling allows you to fill the gaps in the HD schedule from the SD schedule, giving you a compete guide listing so you can schedule HD versions of SD program.

See screenshot example...

Kev

Attachments

• gapfill.jpg
      gapfill.jpg
      119.2 KB

razorbakmax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    hi big_kev,

is this new version compatible with SQLExpress 2008 and MP 1.1.0 Beta ?

Many thanks for this very good software.

:D

Razorbak

vk3heg

Portal Member
    April 3, 2008
    Ballarat
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm using:

Mediaportal 1.1RC2, MS sql 2005 express, EPG Downloader Version 0.1.2.2

getting this error when the download of the epg data. The epg data for the channel's I have are not getting into MP's guide.

Have done a fresh install of: MP, EPG Downloader, deleted the sql database.

Error while writing to database: [AnyDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Conversion failed when converting datetime from character string.

[...]
    Downloaded Channel: One HD Ballarat, 127 programmes found

Error while writing to database: [AnyDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Conversion failed when converting datetime from character string.
    [...]
    Error while writing to database: [AnyDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Conversion failed when converting datetime from
    Downloaded Channel: SciFi, 189 programmes found

etc...

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    I'm using:

Mediaportal 1.1RC2, MS sql 2005 express, EPG Downloader Version 0.1.2.2

getting this error when the download of the epg data. The epg data for the channel's I have are not getting into MP's guide.

Have done a fresh install of: MP, EPG Downloader, deleted the sql database.

[...]
    Downloaded Channel: One HD Ballarat, 127 programmes found

[...]
    Error while writing to database: [AnyDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Conversion failed when converting datetime from
    Downloaded Channel: SciFi, 189 programmes found

etc...

I am getting the exact same errors - did anyone manage to fix this?

Cheers
    erosco

EskyK

Portal Member
    June 8, 2010
    The setup PDF appears to show oztivo schedule download for Sydney...

is there a complete oztivo guide for sydney or do i need to download each station individually?

gusangora

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    that source should have all the channels for Sydney, not individual channels. I don't use that source anymore but have previously used it for Melbourne channels and it was good.

EskyK

Portal Member
    June 8, 2010
    Thanks for your reply gusangora, I was getting errors, but it was just cause I needed to run as Administrator under win 7. Working perfectly now.

I am still curious why many of the EPG listings don't separate Australian Hd stations from their SD counterpart (e.g. ABC-HD and ABC1) as they all tend to have listing differences these days...

Thanks too to big_kev for such a simple and useful tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom