Re-scan required in London (Crystal Palace) - BBC1 & BBC2 lost. (2 Viewers)

metropolis

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Orpington
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, I also use Crystal Palace transmitter, I just downloaded the above UK.Crystal Palace.xml file, replace mine and re-scanned, I didn't delete the old channels though, but ticked the detect channel movement box. Seems to find all channels ok but when then trying to tune to CBBC Channel I get 'No Signal'.
What do you think the problem could be?

Kind regards.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi, I also use Crystal Palace transmitter, I just downloaded the above UK.Crystal Palace.xml file, replace mine and re-scanned, I didn't delete the old channels though, but ticked the detect channel movement box. Seems to find all channels ok but when then trying to tune to CBBC Channel I get 'No Signal'.
    What do you think the problem could be?

Kind regards.

Absolutely no idea. Try deleting the channel manually and then rescanning again. If it doesn't find it, it is possible that there is an error in the tuning details, which we would need to fix.

If that fails, you'll need to post logs.

Mark

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Are you sure you're not trying to tune after 19:00? CBBC timeshares with BBC Three and Cbeebies timeshares with BBC Four. There doesn't seem to be any way to properly configure this within MediaPortal, unfortunately. :(

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Are you sure you're not trying to tune after 19:00? CBBC timeshares with BBC Three and Cbeebies timeshares with BBC Four. There doesn't seem to be any way to properly configure this within MediaPortal, unfortunately. :(

Whenever I have retuned, it does seem to cope with this (that it, both are found correctly). However, good suggestion.

Mark

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Oh it "copes" with it in the sense that all the channels are found in a scan, whether they're broadcasting or not, but there's no way to block certain channels at certain times. So, for example, if you try to tune to BBC Three during the day, MediaPortal freezes for about 10-15 seconds before it realises it can't tune to the channel (at least for me).

It'd be much better to only allow you to switch to the channel when it's actually broadcasting and I hope this improvement appears in MediaPortal at some point! :)

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    For those of us who scanned on the 9th, do we need to rescan again after the 18th? And if so, do we need a new xml as opposed to the one posted earlier in this thread?

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    I think Media Portal version 1.2.3 includes the updated xml?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I think Media Portal version 1.2.3 includes the updated xml?

It should have a file that will work before and after 18th, although scanning will be slower because it has to check more frequencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom