Re-scan required in London (Crystal Palace) - BBC1 & BBC2 lost. (3 Viewers)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Any chance you (or someone else) could post the new xml file here? I don't have the time to upgrade MP at the moment and deal with any new bugs which may crop up.

Dark Eyes

Portal Pro
    February 27, 2011
    Is anybody still using MP 1.2.2 with Crystal Palace after the re-tunes, or did anybody work out the offset for it post DSO.
    As I am having real issues with 1.2.3 and would love to go back to 1.2.2, but don't really want to go through the whole uninstall-reinstall process if it is going to be a waste of time...

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Is anybody still using MP 1.2.2 with Crystal Palace after the re-tunes, or did anybody work out the offset for it post DSO.
    As I am having real issues with 1.2.3 and would love to go back to 1.2.2, but don't really want to go through the whole uninstall-reinstall process if it is going to be a waste of time...

What issues are you having with 1.2.3 ? It really should be fine. I will check the tuning details, and post a new file here if needed.

What I can guarantee is that the tuning details in 1.2.2 will not be correct.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    This one contains the frequencies currently being transmitted and nothing else.

The details in 1.2.3 contain all frequencies before, during and after changeover, so you will have many transponders giving no signal/channels. This is normal.

Without knowing what "issues" you are having, it is difficult to tell whether this will help you.

Attachments

• UK.Crystal Palace.xml
      1 KB

Dark Eyes

Portal Pro
    February 27, 2011
    Hello elliottmc

Thanks for posting the CP xml, I might try and give it a go with 1.2.2 this week.

I, unfortunately have had many issues with 1.2.3;
    it has failed to wake up from Standby for recordings about 3 or 4 times
    it quite often fails to restore from the tray icon after standby - I just get a frozen black screen
    it seems to take ages to respond to requests to play, stop, delete recordings
    it seems to lose connection to the TV-Server a few times a week
    all my recordings made under MP pre-1.2.3 are now listed as two separate recordings

I don't remember having most of these issues with 1.2.2, it was certainly more responsive; and I am not aware that I have changed any of my settings, etc since the upgrade.

Unfortunately I haven't found time to try and collect log files and post each issue up to the forums - so I was just hoping that rolling back to 1.2.2 would return it to it previous condition.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    it has failed to wake up from Standby for recordings about 3 or 4 times

This would be down to powerscheduler. 1.2.3 has NO CHANGES in this code.

it quite often fails to restore from the tray icon after standby - I just get a frozen black screen

Again, no changes in this code.

it seems to take ages to respond to requests to play, stop, delete recordings
    it seems to lose connection to the TV-Server a few times a week

No changes that should cause these problems either.

all my recordings made under MP pre-1.2.3 are now listed as two separate recordings

For this I would try going to the recordings section of TV config, and trying 'delete invalid recordings' or something like.

The other possible explanation is a corrupt TV database, in view of the other problems you mention.

Search the forum for 'repair TV database' and see if this helps.

I don't remember having most of these issues with 1.2.2, it was certainly more responsive; and I am not aware that I have changed any of my settings, etc since the upgrade.

Unfortunately I haven't found time to try and collect log files and post each issue up to the forums - so I was just hoping that rolling back to 1.2.2 would return it to it previous condition.

If there is a problem with the TV database, rolling back won't help, unless you have a copy of the old database.

If repairing the database doesn't fix it, I would try a clean install. My gut feeling is that if you drop back to 1.2.2, you will see the same problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom