Ready for Testing - PowerScheduler++ integrated in MediaPortal 1.4 (1 Viewer)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So, no the sudden reboot occured again, so I have a fresh log. Please have a look, it seems like the System suddenly realizes that the mornings reboot was not performed and just does it now...

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ... it seems like the System suddenly realizes that the mornings reboot was not performed and just does it now...
    This is correct. PS++ reboots only once on the day scheduled, but it tries to make up for the reboot the whole day, if it cannot be performed at the time scheduled.

Michael

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ... it seems like the System suddenly realizes that the mornings reboot was not performed and just does it now...
    This is correct. PS++ reboots only once on the day scheduled, but it tries to make up for the reboot the whole day, if it cannot be performed at the time scheduled.

Michael
    Then why doesn't it complete it in the morning? It is set to wake up by itself. Ahhh, I might have scheduled the reboot too close the the scheduled EPG grab. My plan is to have it reboot in the morning and then grab EPG and shut down again. So Reboot scheduled for 5:00, EPG for 5:05. Problem? Up to now it did work fine, btw.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ...Then why doesn't it complete it in the morning? It is set to wake up by itself. Ahhh, I might have scheduled the reboot too close the the scheduled EPG grab. My plan is to have it reboot in the morning and then grab EPG and shut down again. So Reboot scheduled for 5:00, EPG for 5:05. Problem? Up to now it did work fine, btw.
    Reboot is postponed until the system is idle. At 5:00 when your system woke up it also started grabbing EPG (I think you have activated "idle grabbing" - but I do not understand the EPG grabbing logic anyway...). So it took until 5:32 that your EPG grabbing finished and the reboot could take place. Then your system ran into the same trap as @atlantic's (see discussion here): Windows was too fast and suspended the system before it could reboot.
    You could try the new PS++ test version I provided for @atlantic and see if it helps (and has no other side effects). If this version is ok I will release it to the public and update the version integrated into MP too.

Michael

Last edited:

PureEviL

June 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Downloaded the installer with ps++ integrated.
    But when i'm going to test it setting up ps++ to wake up pc for sheduled epg grabb, reboot, the ps++ showing wrong date.

Ex. I want ps++ to wake upp pc for epg-grabb every day at 19:00 like today 2013-02-12 at 19:00 then ps++ show 'Next wakeup time: 2013-02-13 at 19:00' one day forward...

And waking up pc for sheduled tv-recordings doesnt work for me either, the only thing that work is 'put computer to sleep' when idle (5min) in general settings.

Am i doing something wrong? Some settings i'm missing/doing wrong?? Im new to ps++ so sorry for my maybe stupid question and bad english, hope u understand some of it anyways ;)

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Downloaded the installer with ps++ integrated.
    But when i'm going to test it setting up ps++ to wake up pc for sheduled epg grabb, reboot, the ps++ showing wrong date.

Ex. I want ps++ to wake upp pc for epg-grabb every day at 19:00 like today 2013-02-12 at 19:00 then ps++ show 'Next wakeup time: 2013-02-13 at 19:00' one day forward...

And waking up pc for sheduled tv-recordings doesnt work for me either, the only thing that work is 'put computer to sleep' when idle (5min) in general settings.

Am i doing something wrong? Some settings i'm missing/doing wrong?? Im new to ps++ so sorry for my maybe stupid question and bad english, hope u understand some of it anyways ;)
    Can you send full logs please (and restart your tv service or reboot before making logs).

Michael

PureEviL

June 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    LOL Im a complete 'newbie' to this, can you please explain how i make any logs and i will fix one to you right away :LOL:

And thanks for the fast reply!

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is the correct behaviour - EPG grabbing will only take place once a day. If the grabber alraedy ran today then the next schedule is the next day.
    LOL Im a complete 'newbie' to this, can you please explain how i make any logs and i will fix one to you right away
    See at the bottom of this post for instructions.

Michael

Last edited:

PureEviL

June 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hmm maybe everything is ok then...because when i tried different settings before, i think it did an epg-grabb and showed the right date before.

But it havent done a sheduled reboote, isn't there a way to 'reset' ps++ so i can test the shedule settings again? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom