Ready for Testing - PowerScheduler++ integrated in MediaPortal 1.4 (1 Viewer)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Adding to that:
    What happens if the old plugin DLL is not deleted manually by the user? (which is most likely to happen on an update from Mp 1.3 with PS++ installed, and I am sure not every user will read docs what he needs to delete).

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Adding to that:
    What happens if the old plugin DLL is not deleted manually by the user? (which is most likely to happen on an update from Mp 1.3 with PS++ installed, and I am sure not every user will read docs what he needs to delete).
    IMO. the NSIS installer must do that.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Adding to that:
    No need to delete PS++ dll files since the original PS ones are replaced by PS++ on its installation and they would be replaced once more by an upgrade to MP 1.x. But the MPEI configuration must be changed on upgrade (remove PS++ plugin as installed plugin) and I should have a look at the upward compatibilty of old PS settings.

Michael

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @michael_t :)

Could you update your branch against latest master ?
    I have try but there is one conflict over few files where i didn't take the courage to solve lol

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    In which way is this better than manually installing PS++, except for convenience of not needing to do that? I thought it automatically replaces and disables regular PS.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In which way is this better than manually installing PS++, except for convenience of not needing to do that? I thought it automatically replaces and disables regular PS.
    It is also a preview and test base for a future MP version with PS++ instead of PS.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom