Ready for Testing - PowerScheduler++ integrated in MediaPortal 1.4 (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Re-tested with %temp% folder empty before update MP, i have the same issue
    Capture.JPG

the Titanextended downloaded is the wrong version in your deploytool titanextended14.mpei is the good, your version is related to titanextended.mpei, the old one
    sebastiii ?
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/commit/2039a68d9e228c4c3405696878308f91bee13e7e

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Euh what lol ?

It seems EXP-Replace_PS_by_PS++ is not up to date against master, the TitanExtensionInstall.cs is the old one.
    I just try to merge master to it and all went fine and now TitanExtensionInstall.cs is OK :)
    I didn't push it because @michael_t surely has some pending change on his local branch :p

Seb.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Euh what lol ?

It seems EXP-Replace_PS_by_PS++ is not up to date against master, the TitanExtensionInstall.cs is the old one.
    I just try to merge master to it and all went fine and now TitanExtensionInstall.cs is OK :)
    I didn't push it because @michael_t surely has some pending change on his local branch :p

Seb.
    Thank you for checking this - I will do the merge as soon as possible and release a new version.

Michael

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Bumping this thread. Any more testing? Any known issues?

If there are no known issues, what is the next stage? Code review? Documentation (needed?).

Thanks!

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Docs are already available: (and they are great!) But maybe they should be moved?
    I agree they are great, but not ready to be moved because they still document it as an extension.
    Imo we need a What's New page - could be simple - to say what is changed - e.g.
    • how do you install it with MP 1.5.0? Is it installed as part of MP instead of the old powerscheduler or still via MPEI?
    • how do you access it in config - the same as old powerscheduler or the way it is described in the docs you want to move? (i assume there is no change really since PS++ always replaced PS plugin anyways)
    The What's new page can simply indicate the changes between it being an extension vs integrated and link to the current docs. That way once 1.5.0 is released the @Docs Team knows to move the pages to TV-Server Config > Plugins. At that time we should manually redirect the old PowerScheduler page to the new one so that anyone who accesses old links to either that page or to PS++ pages will be auto redirected to the new location of the PS++ pages.

Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Bumping this thread. Any more testing? Any known issues?
    If there are no known issues, what is the next stage? Code review? Documentation (needed?).
    Thanks!
    I agree they are great, but not ready to be moved because they still document it as an extension. Imo we need a What's New page - could be simple - to say what is changed - e.g. how do you install it with MP 1.5.0? Is it installed as part of MP instead of the old powerscheduler or still via MPEI? how do you access it in config - the same as old powerscheduler or the way it is described in the docs you want to move? (i assume there is no change really since PS++ always replaced PS plugin anyways) The What's new page can simply indicate the changes between it being an extension vs integrated and link to the current docs. That way once 1.5.0 is released the @Docs Team knows to move the pages to TV-Server Config > Plugins. At that time we should manually redirect the old PowerScheduler page to the new one so that anyone who accesses old links to either that page or to PS++ pages will be auto redirected to the new location of the PS++ pages.
    I will have a look at the documentation, as Dadeo said. But what about a code review? The code is available at github, so if we need a review it could be done...

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom