Ready for Testing - PowerScheduler++ integrated in MediaPortal 1.4 (1 Viewer)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
- Plugins are not activated ( in Mp and TVE) if was used before install = BAD
The plugin is named "PowerScheduler", so it will be enabled on start of MP client / server if the old "PowerScheduler" was enabled too. If you had disabled the old PowerScheduler and then installed and used PowerScheduler++, the setting for "PowerScheduler" is disabled. So this situation can only arise for former PS++ users and I would not like to put a hack in the plugin loader's code (which is generic) to explicitely check the string "PowerScheduler++"...

Checked mepo config and extension installer and it failed to install titan extended
I thought I had found a bug in the MPEInstaller.cs code, but maybe it'no bug but a feature, so I will revert all changes here and provide a new version, that does not modify anything, only adding the code for PS++ plugin info removal...

Michael

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    The plugin is named "PowerScheduler", so it will be enabled on start of MP client / server if the old "PowerScheduler" was enabled too. If you had disabled the old PowerScheduler and then installed and used PowerScheduler++, the setting for "PowerScheduler" is disabled. So this situation can only arise for former PS++ users and I would not like to put a hack in the plugin loader's code (which is generic) to explicitely check the string "PowerScheduler++"...
    So, i understand your mind, so only an notification when release MP1.5 to this change, ?

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So, i understand your mind, so only an notification when release MP1.5 to this change, ?
    Yes, notification should be made to tell all former PS++ users to check if they have enabled "PowerScheduler" client and server plugins.

Michael

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @michael_t - based on the testing done, how close to ready do you feel this is?
    No feedback so far for the last version (TitanExtended installation bug fixed). But the rest of the PS++ integration seems to work, since there are no issues reported.

@azzuro @Atomic7431 @CypherMK
    Did you already test the latest version with the TitanExtended setup reverted (1.4.0.927)?
    Michael

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    so, i have issue with update 1.4PreRelease > 1.4 Final PS++ 1.4.0.927
    Dependency error : skin is not compatible with current MediaPortal version
    but i think MP have installed the last Titanextended used for instal 1.4PreR

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom