Rebuilding Media PC. What files to keep to retain MP settings/configuration?

Discussion in 'Installation, configuration support' started by roovalley, December 19, 2016.

1. roovalley

roovalley Portal Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Hi All,

I am going to rebuild my media pc - wipe the drive and reinstall Windows and MediaPortal.

I'd like to take a backup of my current setup so I can copy the data back onto the new build so I can get to watching quicker. I put a lot of time into creating menus and installing/configuring addons a while ago. I don't really want to do it again. Can someone tell me which they would be please?

I'm going to guess C:\Program Data\Team MediaPortal\

Are there any others? such as those in Program Files that I'd need to copy over without breaking anything?

Thanks very much

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. JimCatMP
    • Team MediaPortal

JimCatMP Documentation Group

Ratings:
    +281 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Hi

Keeping all in ProgramData\Team MediaPortal will maintain all your setup work but not your plugins. Provided all the plugins are current and supported, would suggest [as I've done it numerous times:)

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...of-the-important-settings.117449/#post-975862

Suggest rename the skin your using unless it's already uniue and copy it new Program Data\Team MediaPortal\skin directory - this means all the new stuff is available if needed and you simply need to change names skin in config to use all existing changes.

As ever, recommend copying old into new and not move, as the worst that can happen is having to start again:)

Good luck and good upgrading.

TTFN - JCMP

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!