Rebuilding Media PC. What files to keep to retain MP settings/configuration? (1 Viewer)

roovalley

Portal Member
July 10, 2016
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi All,

I am going to rebuild my media pc - wipe the drive and reinstall Windows and MediaPortal.

I'd like to take a backup of my current setup so I can copy the data back onto the new build so I can get to watching quicker. I put a lot of time into creating menus and installing/configuring addons a while ago. I don't really want to do it again. Can someone tell me which they would be please?

I'm going to guess C:\Program Data\Team MediaPortal\

Are there any others? such as those in Program Files that I'd need to copy over without breaking anything?

Thanks very much

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Keeping all in ProgramData\Team MediaPortal will maintain all your setup work but not your plugins. Provided all the plugins are current and supported, would suggest [as I've done it numerous times:)

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...of-the-important-settings.117449/#post-975862

Suggest rename the skin your using unless it's already uniue and copy it new Program Data\Team MediaPortal\skin directory - this means all the new stuff is available if needed and you simply need to change names skin in config to use all existing changes.

As ever, recommend copying old into new and not move, as the worst that can happen is having to start again:)

Good luck and good upgrading.

TTFN - JCMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom