Reciever plugin (5 Viewers)

borax

Portal Member
June 22, 2006
Karlskrona
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I dont use the com port for anything else? How can i check if this is locked. When i run the program my receivers volume level drops to 09 dB so it does get "some" data.

Get a couple of messages:

When i connect with the test program. i get the errors:

TNT.ReceiveConnector.ReceiveException. Got Bad data from receiver# at TNT.Recei... and then the text falls of the window.

Program shows this line 4 times.

So i cant connect to the receiver.

Is there a debug list i can send you?

Greetz
xander

As always when trying things that you don't have access to yourself you will get some errors in the beginning but I think we can work those out :). There seems to be some communication, so that's good in one way. Just saw one error in the code , for the arcam serial protocol, which I corrected. If I don't missremember I create some logfiles in C:\Logs\ (if you don't have any logs there then create the folder and run the app again). I made some updates to the errors you may get so they are more precise(easier for me to debug over distance). I also added so you can just copy paste directly from the textbox (easier for you to hand over info to me :). Please send any logs you get to borax@tele2.se or just post them here as .txt files(just so we don't mess up the thread with miles of log texts ;).

Regards,
Ola

lampie

Portal Pro
November 26, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
It doesn't create any log files in c:\Logs\. BUT it works now with arcamtest2 :D

I can change the volume and mute the volume. It works flawlessly :)

Only if i change the volume button on the receiver manuallly the volume value on screen doesnt change accordingly?

GREAT :D

P.s: Mailed u the log list, copied from the screen :)

borax

Portal Member
June 22, 2006
Karlskrona
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
It doesn't create any log files in c:\Logs\. BUT it works now with arcamtest2 :D

I can change the volume and mute the volume. It works flawlessly :)

Only if i change the volume button on the receiver manuallly the volume value on screen doesnt change accordingly?

GREAT :D

P.s: Mailed u the log list, copied from the screen :)

That's great :)... This should mean that the basics for Arcam AVR250, AVR300 and AVR350 is supported :)... Im currently working on the "callback" functions...

lampie

Portal Pro
November 26, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yups the other arcams function the same way :)

Found another small glitch:

When i connect to the arcam it automatically sets the volume to 09 dB. It should respect the current setting it has and not change this :)

Great work!!

borax

Portal Member
June 22, 2006
Karlskrona
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yups the other arcams function the same way :)

Found another small glitch:

When i connect to the arcam it automatically sets the volume to 09 dB. It should respect the current setting it has and not change this :)

Great work!!

Think I've fixed the glitch now. Also, added Zone support. Also please try out if the Current input feature works :). + Added so that all the SerialIO with your reciever will be printed out, just so you know. Easier for me to debug if some command is sent wrong(bad parameter etc).

Regards,
Ola

lampie

Portal Pro
November 26, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have to hurry to a friend right now. Will test tonight or early tomorrow and give you proper feedback :)

lampie

Portal Pro
November 26, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hahah i was to anxious to try :D It works perfectly, great work. Switching is flawless.

Few comments:

- Because of the visual feedback show (changing volume is slower);
- Miss one input mode - TAPE;
- The last current input on the ddlb says Req. (this did nothing).
- Maybe handier to switch between zone 1 and 2 than to have separte controls (both use the same input and clogs up the GUI).

Will give it a full testdrive tomorrow :D

AWESOMEEEE...

borax

Portal Member
June 22, 2006
Karlskrona
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hahah i was to anxious to try :D It works perfectly, great work. Switching is flawless.

Few comments:

- Maybe handier to switch between zone 1 and 2 than to have separte controls (both use the same input and clogs up the GUI).

AWESOMEEEE...

Great to hear :)... Now I will start implementing support for some other protocols so that people can try it out. The next thing (I think) will be to implement a callback thing so that if you change i.e. volume via the reciever remote, then the volume should be updated on the UI aswell. Please remember that this UI is for testing purpose(that's why the UI is quite plain / dull) as I will try to integrate the whole thing into MP :). Will try to implement the Sony protocol aswell so I can get some more people to try this app out :).

Glad you like it!
Br,
Ola

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005

Few comments:

AWESOMEEEE...

Will try to implement the Sony protocol aswell so I can get some more people to try this app out :).

Glad you like it!
Br,
Ola

That would be great. I will do my best to test it ;-)

-k

lampie

Portal Pro
November 26, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Few comments:

AWESOMEEEE...

Great to hear :)... Now I will start implementing support for some other protocols so that people can try it out. The next thing (I think) will be to implement a callback thing so that if you change i.e. volume via the reciever remote, then the volume should be updated on the UI aswell. Please remember that this UI is for testing purpose(that's why the UI is quite plain / dull) as I will try to integrate the whole thing into MP :). Will try to implement the Sony protocol aswell so I can get some more people to try this app out :).

Glad you like it!
Br,
Ola

Ola,
We also have an TX-SR602 onkyo receiver down stairs. It also has serial support:

http://www.us.onkyo.com/own_manuals.cfm?StartRow=81&cat=Receiver

http://63.148.251.135/redirect_service.cfm?type=own_manuals&file=TX-SR702,602_En_C.pdf

If you wish i can also test this for you, so we can get the supported list of receiver to a higher level :)

Greetz lampie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom