Reciever plugin (3 Viewers)

nefreyu

Portal Member
February 4, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks TomTom I have been through all or most of the relevant MP code now and came to the conclusion that it is for now impossible to get a message or subscribe to an event when the volume is changed in MP.

The patch as referenced above to be found on this url: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1575010&group_id=107397&atid=647927

Would indeed solve this because it will fire this GUI message: GUI_MSG_AUDIOVOLUME_CHANGED

That could then be caught with the code I posted previously to be relayed to the Receiver.

This patch is not in the current SVN trunk version so this could take a while to become possible I am afraid.

I would like to help with other stuff in your Receiver plugin though if needed, all except the interface I suppose ;-)

Andre

Magnusnu

March 1, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi !
I have just bought a new Sony STR-DA5200 ESand finally found your test utility :)
Looks exactly like what I want to have :cool:
It connects straight away and does some magic ! Apart from working great I found these problems:
Tuner selects Phono
Power can only be turned off (might be setting in reciever)
Missing a USB source, Zone 3. I loked quickly in theterface spec linked earlier in the thread and it was same things missing there....
I've ben trying to get spec from Sony but seems to be an uphill struggle :-|

On a separate note - I'm trying to find a IR input for the same, Sony hasn't been able to give me an answer yet as to what devices fit nor the signal standard.

Greetings and :D

/Magnus

borax

Portal Member
June 22, 2006
Karlskrona
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi !
I have just bought a new Sony STR-DA5200 ESand finally found your test utility :)
Looks exactly like what I want to have :cool:
It connects straight away and does some magic ! Apart from working great I found these problems:
Tuner selects Phono
Power can only be turned off (might be setting in reciever)
Missing a USB source, Zone 3. I loked quickly in theterface spec linked earlier in the thread and it was same things missing there....
I've ben trying to get spec from Sony but seems to be an uphill struggle :-|

On a separate note - I'm trying to find a IR input for the same, Sony hasn't been able to give me an answer yet as to what devices fit nor the signal standard.

Greetings and :D

/Magnus

Well, the app is still under development... I'm looking at adding Zone3 support as well as adding HDMI switching options for those lucky enough to have that. The current thing is getting the callback system working (so that the UI updates if you change something with the ordinary remote). Thanks for the feedback! Will look into why Tuner selects Phono, probably type o by me...

Br,
Ola

Magnusnu

March 1, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Sounds very nice :)
The ES-presso application Knutinh linked to earlier in the thread attempted to do the same by sending status request messages continously - at least that's what it looked like - on the GUI one can see what is being sent and recieved.

borax

Portal Member
June 22, 2006
Karlskrona
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Updated info

Hi boys and girls,

Has been more than a year since I wrote here last time. Have finally got to re-writing the core for this to make it more dynamic / versatile. Currently I only provide a test UI to see that the protocols work but it should give you a hint of what you can do with this. I have made some protocols for Marantz, HK, Pioneer, Onkyo and Denon. I've only got people to test the ones for Marantz and Onkyo (I own one myself). This also supports serial proxy programs so you could use this as a remote from far away. I've also added some basics for support of Sharp projectors. The reason for posting here is to get some help with testing and/or development. So, please feel free to help out :). My main thought around making the core standalone is to be able to make it more "portable" i.e. as a standalone app, a plugin for MP and/or addon for Vista MCE. If you have any thoughts / ideas please post them here.

Br,
Ola

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,

I have not tested your app on my onkyo TX-SR702E yet but, I supose it should work.
    Because, it seems you search for hardware possibility, isn'it ?
    What happened to your previous plugin posted in #1 ?

Here are some ideas for a plugin :

For users who don't have programmable remote :
    (maybe checkboxes in config ?)
    MasterPowerState (PWR)
    When MP is launched or running : sets System On
    When MP is closed or powerevents Windows : sets System Standby

Just for Fun :
    (maybe times parameters ?)
    Dimmer modes (DIM)
    sets Dimmer Level "Bright"
    sets Dimmer Level "Dim"
    sets Dimmer Level "Dark"

LateNight modes (LTN)
    sets Late Night Off
    sets Late Night Low
    sets Late Night High

The most interesting :
    Master Listening Modes (LMD)
    (may be with a ListView with 2 columns ?)
    Example :
    Listening music : Changing to all ch stereo
    Watch TV : Changing to Enhance mode
    Playing Video : Changing to THX Surround EX
    etc....

Bye.

EDIT : According to your dev, here is the class for ONKYO TX-SR702E

borax

Portal Member
    June 22, 2006
    Karlskrona
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello,

I have not tested your app on my onkyo TX-SR702E yet but, I supose it should work.
    Because, it seems you search for hardware possibility, isn'it ?
    What happened to your previous plugin posted in #1 ?

Here are some ideas for a plugin :

For users who don't have programmable remote :
    (maybe checkboxes in config ?)
    MasterPowerState (PWR)
    When MP is launched or running : sets System On
    When MP is closed or powerevents Windows : sets System Standby

Just for Fun :
    (maybe times parameters ?)
    Dimmer modes (DIM)
    sets Dimmer Level "Bright"
    sets Dimmer Level "Dim"
    sets Dimmer Level "Dark"

LateNight modes (LTN)
    sets Late Night Off
    sets Late Night Low
    sets Late Night High

The most interesting :
    Master Listening Modes (LMD)
    (may be with a ListView with 2 columns ?)
    Example :
    Listening music : Changing to all ch stereo
    Watch TV : Changing to Enhance mode
    Playing Video : Changing to THX Surround EX
    etc....

Bye.

EDIT : According to your dev, here is the class for ONKYO TX-SR702E

Thanks for the 702 class :). Would be great if you could verify that it works aswell. Regarding the other things you're proposing; I'm actually making a macro script system to sort those issues out. I will make a list of possible triggers (time, keys, events etc) which you then can hook up your scripts/macros to. This should make everyone able to do whatever they want more or less :). I dropped the old version as that had a couple of design flaws architecture wise.

bakra

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,
    Looks like a great plugin!
    I would like to try this on my Pioneer VSX-D710S receiver.
    There is only one problem: the remote connection on the receiver is a jack. As far as I know it works with a serial protocol. Does anyone know how to connect this receiver to a serial port?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom