Recorded TV 'missing' after scanning for new channels | Page 2

Discussion in '1.0.1 and SVN Builds' started by Santy, May 1, 2009.

1. pilotedge

pilotedge Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I just got this exact problem in 1.0.2.

Do I definitely have to delete my whole database to fix, assuming I cant run sql queries?!!

And hopefully will be fixed in 1.1?!

Thanks

J

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nschoot

nschoot Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why are you so sure you can't run sql queries? don't you have the tools, or don't you know how to?

4. Owlsroost
    • Team MediaPortal

Owlsroost Development Group

Ratings:
    +4,131 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    If you've deleted all the channels and re-scanned MP loses the association between the channel IDs and the recordings (so they don't show up in MP), and deletes all of the recording schedules.

The way I fixed it was to temporarily rename the TV recording folder (so MP can't see it), then go TV server config -> recording settings -> database import, hit the 'Remove no longer existing files' to remove all the old, invalid database entries. Close TV server config, rename the TV recording folder back to the original name, then go TV server config -> recording settings -> database import (which should now have all of the recordings listed), hit the 'Import selected files' to add them back into the database.

Tony

• Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!