Recorded TV playback stuttering (1 Viewer)

Stephen O'Kane

Portal Member
October 27, 2015
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Live TV is perfect, it is only recordings, but it does not always occur
If you skip back 30 seconds and view the same section of the recording again, does the stuttering occur in the same place?
Alternatively, if you view the recording in other players (VLC, WMC etc.), does the stuttering occur in all the same places regardless of the player used?
If no, it means that the problem is related to playback - most likely codec configuration.
If yes, it means that there is corruption "baked into" the recording. At the time of the recording, the signal strength/quality may have been low or the HDD may have been overloaded.

It seems to be baked in.

However, I don;t think I have a problem with signal strength.

I never see the issue with Live TV, and I do not see it when watching TimeSlip/Catch-up.
The TimeSlip directory is the same as the Recording, so that would suggest to me that the HDD is ok too.

I haven't had much time to test it much more. I'll see if I can get any further over the w/e.

jeffoffline

May 27, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
big fan of mediaportal but I've been unable to use it for a while now when trying to watch recorded tv from a remote client due to the same stuttering described here. It plays perfectly in Kodi but was unwatchable in mediaportal. I tried fiddling with all the different codec settings to no avail but then stumbled on the suggestion to try the ffdshow codecs... installed those and recorded tv now plays perfectly.

This is on an old dell 1558 with a core i-5 and integrated intel graphics running Windows 10

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom