Recorded TV taking ages to load (1 Viewer)

Neild7744

Portal Pro
July 25, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Anyone experiencing this with MP 1.6? I'm using latest titan theme, my recordings and tv series etc seem to be taking ages to load and play. Once I play 1 video file from that disk the rest are usually ok. Just on first startup. All my config settings are the same as usual. Thought it was a HDD, puta new one in...no change. Also removed a Dvb-t card and altered back some settings I had using LAV...still issues?

Neild7744

Portal Pro
July 25, 2013
Home Country
Don't think so, this was from a fresh install.

To be honest I've spent hours and hours with mediaportal and be it a good programme, for me I'm starting to change my mind reverting back to MCE. Mediaportal is awesome and the customisation is brilliant, but I'm having more downtime with MP than what I did MCE. I also want UK on demand services like netflix, 4od Etc which can be fully integrated into MCE. Yes MCE is a bit of a pain having to hack everything and mod loads of stuff but videos play instantly, no stutter, live tv loads quicker, support for streaming services is available. I'm going to run a temporary setup on a second machine to see what is best for me.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    I have same problem [restart of MePo, 1st access to any content via any plugin, delay of varying length then it's mint] - and there is nothing on the logs I could spot.

I was sure the issue was with use of UNC paths [files are on NAS] and I suspected it's not really MePo that's the issue, something to do with my network setup [not network performance - open content trying to play on 1st access after reboot by hand and it's 100% as expected].

Your post just spurred me into action, stuck netmon on the system, restarted box, began trace then kicked MePo into action. Long long delay on 1st access to video file via MPTVSeries. Dropped out of MePo and examined the trace.

What I found was 2 files [mkv's being accessed by MovingPictures] that kept being accessed - assume to collect metadata [these are not new files]. Checked file by hand, and yep, files corrupted [something I'd recorded and processed but never got around to trying to watch], remove [not just delete from MovingPictures - it still tries to access them, assume to check them against it's 'delete' list], reboot and it's perfect.

May be your answer, so good luck and good hunting.

Cheers - JCMP

Neild7744

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2013
    Home Country
    Fresh install and it all seems ok. I did have a couple of corrupt tv episodes so deleted them aswell!

Thanks!

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Good news Neil, hope you progress with MePo continues to work out.

TTFN - JCMP.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've noticed similar problems. Recorded TV takes at least 5 seconds to start playing for some reason. Sorry not log yet.

Neild7744

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2013
    Home Country
    5 seconds? That's not bad!!!

Check your HDD power settings. If they are set to sleep after 20 mins that could be your issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom