Recording fails when recording (dedicated) disk is turned off to save power by OS (2 Viewers)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    if you update your alphacrypt cam to 3.28 without checking if the settings stay the same..
    Not exactly ;) Since i've been updating continously till v3.25 (v3.27 and v3.28 were giving me problems). I've always had my settings set as posted above, so i'm really curious if v3.28 is gonna be fine with the 'ac systems' settings changed to SINGLE now. So far, so good ;)
    The only issue i was running into with v3.27++ with 'ac systems' set to MULTI, was no video after tuning (audio is hearable), so your 1st sympton :D

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    if you update your alphacrypt cam to 3.28 without checking if the settings stay the same..
    Not exactly ;) Since i've been updating continously till v3.25 (v3.27 and v3.28 were giving me problems). I've always had my settings set as posted above, so i'm really curious if v3.28 is gonna be fine with the 'ac systems' settings changed to SINGLE now. So far, so good ;)
    The only issue i was running into with v3.27++ with 'ac systems' set to MULTI, was no video after tuning (audio is hearable), so your 1st sympton :D
    wel thats enough too drive you nuts :)..

for completed overview: here are my settings., which work without hickups
    upload_2015-6-3_0-10-30.png

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hmm ... still have a small problem
    radio play just quits (server & client on the same host)
    and sometimes black screen when tuning channel , all recordings seem ok sofar..

trying ca-pmt delete time back to 5 , and ci watchdog back to 1500ms..

if all fails , i will downgrade the alphacrypt to 3.25 , because you mentioned that you dont have problems with 3.25

maybe if have more problems because i use 4 tuners with 1 cam/card, how many tuners do you have on the cam ?

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hmm ... still have a small problem
    radio play just quits (server & client on the same host)
    and sometimes black screen when tuning channel , all recordings seem ok sofar..

trying ca-pmt delete time back to 5 , and ci watchdog back to 1500ms..

if all fails , i will downgrade the alphacrypt to 3.25 , because you mentioned that you dont have problems with 3.25

maybe if have more problems because i use 4 tuners with 1 cam/card, how many tuners do you have on the cam ?
    lol , radio problem found, i recently changed my audio setup , audi0 over hdmi to tv, and from tv optical to stereo...
    When the tv goes to save the planet, it kills my audio device and stream stops.. so nothting to do with the CAM :)

[2015-06-05 14:18:21,722] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_SYSCOMMAND (SC_MONITORPOWER)
    [2015-06-05 14:18:21,722] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: SC_MONITORPOWER 2
    [2015-06-05 14:18:22,474] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_POWERBROADCAST (PBT_POWERSETTINGCHANGE)
    [2015-06-05 14:18:22,474] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: The display is off
    [2015-06-05 14:18:22,490] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_DEVICECHANGE (Event: DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE)
    [2015-06-05 14:18:22,490] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Device type is DBT_DEVTYP_DEVICEINTERFACE - Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
    [2015-06-05 14:18:27,317] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_DEVICECHANGE (Event: DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE)
    [2015-06-05 14:18:27,318] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Device type is DBT_DEVTYP_DEVICEINTERFACE - Name: High Definition Audio-apparaat
    [2015-06-05 14:18:27,329] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_DEVICECHANGE (Event: DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE)
    [2015-06-05 14:18:27,329] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Device type is DBT_DEVTYP_DEVICEINTERFACE - Name: High Definition Audio-apparaat
    [2015-06-05 14:18:27,329] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: Audio Renderer High Definition Audio-apparaat removed

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    and sometimes black screen when tuning channel
    Exactly the issue i had. I need to find the thread i started about this, because i'm pretty sure root cause was pointing towards the CAM, but i then bought a 2nd one which does exactly the same (and has newer HW version).

Yeah, that is the latest version that works great for me. v3.27 started to show the black video screens (audio runs fine), which was the same for v3.28
    So far, i haven't seen the black screens!

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Exactly the issue i had. I need to find the thread i started about this, because i'm pretty sure root cause was pointing towards the CAM, but i then bought a 2nd one which does exactly the same (and has newer HW version).

Yeah, that is the latest version that works great for me. v3.27 started to show the black video screens (audio runs fine), which was the same for v3.28
    i found it, its cam related , but not entirely.
    i installed my nvidia encoder package , that comes with audio encoder also, i set that one instead of LAV audio and also MPG2 as nvidia video encoder and all problems are gone.
    the lav encoder does work on 3.25 (i downgraded one and tested it) .. 100 channels changes no problem .
    as soon as i use 3.28 , 8 out of 100 will fail (black screen)..
    3.28 with nvidia audio/video package no fails... how weird is that ?
    (i think its the audio encoder, since most the channels i use are HD channels, and they use Coreavc (h264)

now i have only 1 issue left, cant get subtitles with History HD.. do you have subs on that ?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i installed my nvidia encoder package , that comes with audio encoder also, i set that one instead of LAV audio and also MPG2 as nvidia video encoder and all problems are gone.
    That's interesting!

now i have only 1 issue left, cant get subtitles with History HD.. do you have subs on that ?
    I don't have that channel added to my group(s), since i have issues with it. I only have TV Standard, but it should be viewable according to Ziggo Zenderoverzicht. When i start Manual Control, it throws Continuity Errors and then says 'Channel is scrambled'. On client it never starts. :(

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's interesting!

I don't have that channel added to my group(s), since i have issues with it. I only have TV Standard, but it should be viewable according to Ziggo Zenderoverzicht. When i start Manual Control, it throws Continuity Errors and then says 'Channel is scrambled'. On client it never starts. :(
    ok then , too bad, i leave it running as is and throw my effort on installing MP2 on other hardware to have a good look :)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I just downgraded to 3.25 again. It simply takes too long for the CAM to start working with v3.28, so zapping/tuning is slower and occasionally results in black screen + audio.

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I just downgraded to 3.25 again. It simply takes too long for the CAM to start working with v3.28, so zapping/tuning is slower and occasionally results in black screen + audio.
    hahaha... just logged in , to tell you exactly the same , i downgraded to 3.25 also permantly now.

Because the bug is that after a while (18 hours+) the cam goes slugish (and hotter) , seems like a windows machine with a memory leak in comparison.
    so we can conclude for at least Ziggo users to not use 3.28 , 3.25 is safe
    this might help some other users aswell , 3.28 is rubbish

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom