Recording films that have an "intermission" (1 Viewer)

Peter Green

July 9, 2020
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Country flag
A number of Freeview channels (for example, Sony Movies Classic and Paramount Network) often split a film into two sections with a five-minute intermission of film news and gossip. This shows up in the TV Guide as three separate programs, and I have to schedule each half of the film separately. Is there any way to select multiple consecutive guide entries and record them as one single recording? Or can anyone suggest a workaround?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Is there any way to select multiple consecutive guide entries and record them as one single recording?
    Unfortunately, this is not possible with the current "TV Server". :(

In the UK, the broadcast EPG has support for a "split programme", and some DVRs can use this information to record both parts if you select one part to record (my Humax DVR does this). But MP does not do this :(. As far as I am aware, there is no plan to implement support for this in the foreseeable future. :(

The workaround is to use a video editor (manually!) to join the two parts together. But frankly, I cannot be bothered to do that for the films that I record from the various channels that split films in this way.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    As CyberSimian wrote, there is no such feature and also no plans to add it.

Only workaround could be to schedule a manual recording by channel, start time and duration. You will miss program title unfortunately. I know this is not very comfortable though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    1gkar [solved] LiveTV Records Causing 100% Drive Activity Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 10
    toricred Recordings Change : to _ in Series Name General 0
    H MP2 database won't keep in synch with recordings General 8
    toricred Only Show Actual Recordings General 1
    ajs How recreate Recording thumbs TV-Server 4
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
    CyberSimian [Proposal] Tool to display time of next recording MediaPortal 1 0
    Golf4 TV-Records werden als Audio-Files importiert ? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    R [solved] Unable to delete single recording General 2
    R Correct setting for recordings on shared folder General 0
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels General Support 20
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on some channels and on some recordings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
    S Shortcuts MP1 My Recorded & TV Guide General 10
    F How to reset tv recordings database General 5
    P Recordings not showing up unless re-imported and not possible to delete General 0
    X Recording import hängt Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    F Recording starts at second time only MediaPortal 1 Talk 6
    T TV Recording Schedule General 2
    T Unwanted recording Newcomers Forum 18
    bta489 [solved] DVB-T2 Recordings: Sometimes no Audio after muxing with mkvmerge Tools and other software 2
    N Play a TV recording needs a double selection - twice ok on remote Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    G Occasional Black screen on Live TV and Recorded TV Watch / Listen Media 5
    B MP 1.23 First time click TV or Recorded TV fails, 2nd ... it will work General Support 5
    M MP 2.2.3 Unable to play .ts recordings and MediaPortal stops working for TV viewing General 31
    R [solved] MP will not delete recordings that are on NAS Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 23