Recording films that have an "intermission" (1 Viewer)

Peter Green

July 9, 2020
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
A number of Freeview channels (for example, Sony Movies Classic and Paramount Network) often split a film into two sections with a five-minute intermission of film news and gossip. This shows up in the TV Guide as three separate programs, and I have to schedule each half of the film separately. Is there any way to select multiple consecutive guide entries and record them as one single recording? Or can anyone suggest a workaround?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there any way to select multiple consecutive guide entries and record them as one single recording?
    Unfortunately, this is not possible with the current "TV Server". :(

In the UK, the broadcast EPG has support for a "split programme", and some DVRs can use this information to record both parts if you select one part to record (my Humax DVR does this). But MP does not do this :(. As far as I am aware, there is no plan to implement support for this in the foreseeable future. :(

The workaround is to use a video editor (manually!) to join the two parts together. But frankly, I cannot be bothered to do that for the films that I record from the various channels that split films in this way.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As CyberSimian wrote, there is no such feature and also no plans to add it.

Only workaround could be to schedule a manual recording by channel, start time and duration. You will miss program title unfortunately. I know this is not very comfortable though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom