MP2 - V2.1 Recordings don't show up in MediaPortal 2.1 Final Client (or Server) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D P Graves

Portal Member
March 3, 2017
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I may have cracked this. After some diging around I found that the following Windows 10 firewall rules were disabled on both my MP2 PCs:

File and Printer Sharing (Echo Request - ICMPv4-In)
File and Printer Sharing (Echo Request - ICMPv6-In)

I have enabled them and now all my pings work and, here's the best bit, MP2 now appears to successfully reimport.

I need to do more checking but it looks good so far. Quite why these firewall rules were disabled I don't know. The odd thing is that I had no issues with how MP2 was working for me except from the stuttering video. Hopefully, this will be solved as well. As you said MSLoopback was solving another problem - this one!

I'll confirm later if all is well as I will probably restore a backup disk image and install MP2 from scratch to get a clean build.

Darren.

D P Graves

Portal Member
March 3, 2017
Home Country
The firewall rules might have been disabled because "File and printer sharing" was turned off in settings. Strangley though turning this on didn't re-enable the firewall rules.I had to do it manually.

Last edited:

D P Graves

Portal Member
March 3, 2017
Home Country
Blast. My Test MP2 PC works fine - both for local and network localtions as media sources. However, the Live MP2 PC does not work for local locations. It still fails to import. So, I'm back to my original problem that I fixed with MSLoopback.

D P Graves

Portal Member
March 3, 2017
Home Country
Cracked it. I had to set Home Group Connection in the Network and Sharing Centre to "Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers". I originally dismissed this as the Test MP2 PC was working without this option set this way. However, the live MP2 PC needed it.

...and the stuttering video seems to be fixed as well.

Last edited:

D P Graves

Portal Member
March 3, 2017
Home Country
I also had to set the MP2 server service to logon as the main Win10 administrator account that MP2 runs under.

So I had my Win10 account id and password as login for MP2 server service, as the MP2 network credentials and as login for my NAS. I also had "Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers" set in Network and Sharing in Win10. So, basically, the same userid and password used everywhere and Win10 set to use userid and password.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @MrGrymReaper , sIx weeks have passed and you haven't returned since. ;)

Given the fact that recrdings do indeed show up not only on my system but on other people's too, I suspect that you haven't correctly configured your shares and access rights. This thread is providing information what can go wrong in such cases and how this can be fixed. I will therefore set the thread to "No bug".

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom