Recordings not working BUT Video is OK (1 Viewer)

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I am very confused :confused::confused::confused:
    When I try to playback recorded TV --> I only get bricks and squeakings
    22-08-17.png
    When I do play the SAME file with Video-Module --> The file is being played perfectly....

Example (LOG):
    First I tried to play the recorded File --> Fußball (LIVE) - ORF eins within TV-Module
    than same file within Video-Module...

edit:
    of course important: File is stored on TV-Server, I'm trying to playback from client...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When I do play the SAME file with Video-Module --> The file is being played perfectly....
    It looks like the difference between RTSP (TV plugin) - which is true streaming - and UNC (video plugin) - which is more regular playback.

TsReader log file shows lots of continuity errors when you play the recording with the TV plugin, and none when you play it with the video plugin.

Looks like you may be using a wireless network connection between server and client. Perhaps buffer configuration could do with a tweak:
    [2017-07-26 22:07:33,229] [1b4b5438] [22f0] - --- Buffering delay = 0 ms

The other thing to check is that security software on the server side is not causing trouble for TV Server's file access.

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    where can I change this?
    It's probably a registry setting.

@Owlsroost ?

...but my advice would be to check that the server side is okay first.

Given that there are continuity errors, it seems like data is actually lost not just late. That seems more like what I've seen with security software config problems.

So, like I said: check that security software config on the server side is not causing file access problems for TV Server's streaming server component. UNC (video plugin) uses ["direct"] file access via network share (SMB/SAMBA) whereas RTSP needs the streaming server to read the file and send it to the client.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It's probably a registry setting.

It's at: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team MediaPortal\TsReader\BufferingDelayInMilliSeconds

Default value is 0, range is 0 to 5000 (in milliseconds). Make sure you view the setting in decimal in Regedit. I'd suggest trying 500 then 1000, but if you are getting continuity errors with RTSP it usually indicates packet loss in the network, so extra buffering may not help (and it will increase channel change times).

You can also run multi-seat TV in 'UNC paths' mode (like how remote video file playback works) if you want to try it - see Advanced Options - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki (the 'Multi seat setup: use UNC paths' option).

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Testing Multi Seat Setup with UNC-Paths - so far works great!:D:D:D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @joEhSuper
    Great that you have a solution... but I'd strongly suggest you still try to get RTSP working. It's not that RTSP is better. Rather, if the source of the problem is security software config, it may cause other side effects like corrupted recordings. Therefore in my opinion it's important to really solve the problem, not just apply a workaround.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom