Recordings of some channels not visible in recordings list

Discussion in 'General Support' started by spassiger, April 2, 2019.

1. spassiger

spassiger Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    I have been using MediaPortal with a DVB-C card for years without any problems. Some weeks ago, I bought a new DVB-T2 USB stick and updated to the newest version of MediaPortal 1 to have support for the new H.265 video format used by DVB-T2. I have combined all of the HD channels that can be received by DVB-T2 with those of mv DVB-C card, for example Das Erste HD and 3sat HD.

Now I have the problem that the recordings of some channels are not visible in the recordings list of my MediaPortal client. For example, if I start recording a movie on Das Erste HD, the entry is visible in the recordings list directly after the recording started. If I try the same thing with a movie on 3sat HD, the recording itself starts, but no entry is visible in the recordings list. I don't know why this is happening because the channel 3sat HD itself is visible in the channels list and in the EPG, too. An XML file and a TS file are created in the filesystem as well as a new row in the "recording" database table.

In the database, the channel ID of the combined Das Erste HD is 1877 and the ID of 3sat HD is 1865. If I set the value of idChannel of a recording from 1877 to 1865, it disappears from the recordings list after a restart of MediaPortal. The same thing works the other way around: If I set idChannel to 1865, a formerly invisible recordings is shown in the recordings list.

In total, the recordings of four channels are missing in the recordings list (ZDF HD, 3sat HD, ZDFinfo HD, zdf_neo HD).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spassiger

spassiger Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    I wasn't able to find the source of the problem but I was able to fix it. In the "Channels" settings of the MP Server Configuration, I deleted the DVB-C and DVB-T source in the "Edit Channel" dialog and after that, I deleted the channel itself. Then I scanned the DVB-C and DVB-T card to find the deleted channels again and matched it in the "TV combinations" settings. At the end, I updated the MySQL recording table:
    UPDATE `recording` SET `idChannel` = 104 WHERE `idChannel` = 100;

Now the recordings of these four channels are shown in the "recordings" list in the MP client. :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!