1.12.0 Redirected log path: some files created in standard path (3 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    In fact, i have a silly question, but where did you specify the log path from MP config lol ? @HTPCSourcer
    I can't find it lol

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    unless we cannot harmonize everything to correctly use the information as per the mediaportaldirs.xml

All it needs is for someone to modify the MP settings management code to write a registry key/value - the new filters will read it and write the log files to a different folder - simple :)

Yep :) that exactly i want to explain but better when a pure English explain it :)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Easy does it .;) I do read your posts. All that I am saying is that I don't want to enter directory information by two parallel means. As long as this will be the case, there is limited value in starting to manually apply this to tsreader and dshowhelper only.

You are not looking at the big picture here....
    This is a litttle bit unfair. You should know me better - or I would not have started the thread.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So to summarize, with your addon, the user set the path manually or with an addon on C# side, the part is auto writed :)

Yes, exactly :)

The C++ code should be almost copy-and-paste into the other client filters (the logging is very similar in all of them), so updating them should be fairly quick.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The config path cannot be changed. It remains local, i.e. in C:\ProgramData\...

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Bah, you changed it from first post ?

Hello,

I have changed the standard path for logs (and databases, etc.) to point to my central server. All logs are now created there, except

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So it means that C# need to implement the log path change, if not already implemented then, it will surely introduce regression lol.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You asked about config...

In fact it is well explained in the Wiki:

Create a folder "Team MediaPortal"your local "Documents" folder and copy MediaPortalDirs.xml to it
    Change the path information as you like in this file[DOUBLEPOST=1440353232][/DOUBLEPOST]
    So it means that C# need to implement the log path change, if not already implemented then, it will surely introduce regression lol.
    Possibly. And that's why I suggest to stop the discussion. How many people are there who do you use the mediaportaldirs.xml to redirect directories? Can't be that many. I can live with this nuisance and/or apply the sugegsted workarounds.

I would see more urgent tasks for MP1 than this one. But surely I don't want to stop anybody from working in this direction.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks :) ok so mediaportaldirs.xml is read and then something exist in code to read it, so we just need to add a if else to if that file exist then read/write registry based on folder detected and we are good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom