Refresh Rate Control Plugin (1 Viewer)

mhunter

Portal Member
November 20, 2006
Home Country
Is there any way to use this without powestrip?

I've now created three profiles in catalyst. 24, 25 and 30 hz.

I use MPC as external player. In MPC under options->playback there is a choice of "change output resolution" and with that a list of resolutions and refreshrates. All I would need is a way to control that... maybe reclock could send some kinda command line to MPC when it detected a certain framerate?
I just commented in this other thread about the 12noon tool which is an alternative to power strip and works with nvidia 8xxx cards:

12noon

Maybe you can use this? Works for me on 8400GS under vista x86.

Vertigo1

Portal Member
November 5, 2008
Just found this thread and very interested as I have this exact problem, needing to alter the refresh rate when videos are played, although in my case it's virtually always to 24Hz.

Ken, I'm very interested in your success with ReClock and changing refresh rates via Powerstrip. I've tried doing this with ReClock but using SetDisplayFrequency.exe instead of Powerstrip to change the refresh rate. The problem I have with this is with the DirectDraw refresh rate override which seems to interfere with the change and it either switches straight back to 50Hz (my nominal frequency when not needing 24Hz mode) or I end up with a blank screen. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom