Refresh Rate Control Plugin (1 Viewer)

Kronos

Portal Member
July 15, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
My experience

Hi all!

I can tell you my experience with this plugin.

I use the version in the page 2 of this thread with allows me to define three different profiles with detection for 24, 25 and 30 Hz, wich are the rates I need.

Each one of the profiles send a hotkey to the OS whenever a video matches one of these rates.

Following, I've defined three more profiles in the Catalyst Control Center with the associated refresh rates of 24Hz, 50Hz and 60Hz. (I've got a Panny Pz85E with 24p support).

The default desktop profile is always 50Hz. This is to have no problem with TV in MP and only change profile with films.

It seems to work fine but I have some problems:

- Some times the rate change makes MP to display a black screen, even that sound continues with no problem. I have to close MP and go back to desktop because there's no way to revert the situation. It happens specially If I change film in the myvideos sections without stopping first the video currently displaying. If I stop the film (and then reverts to the default rate of 50Hz), I can play a 24hz film without problems.

I've seen this also happens to more people in this thread. Is there any solution for this?

Thanks!

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi all,

Im currently playing with this plugin myself. Its not working 100% yet. I use an ATI Radeon HD3450 with the DVI>HDMI plug to connect to my receiver>TV.
When I test refreshrates from within the plugin, I get a black screen. Its like the HDMI signal is broken then. If I use Powerstrip or CCC profiles the refreshrate changes correctly. Dont know why the black screen occures though.. Anyone?

I managed to get 2 profiles to be set up in the plugin. 25FPS and 30FPS. Now I use the plugin working with ATI CCC profiles. What happens now when I play from within MP a DVD, I can see the the profile changing followed by 2 seconds of the movie and then I see the MP menu again. I have a feeling that the action of switching the profiles itselves causes MP to stop playing the movie. Im using VRM9 mode in MediaPortal.

> Anybody got this working?
> Is the plugin still working with RC2 + latest SVN??

Hope this topic comes back to life a bit. Because if this is worked out, its a MAGNIFICENT improvement above all other mediaplayers out there.

pizcolq

Portal Member
August 26, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Sorry, i feel so stupid but I am unable to work this plugin. Is there any tutorial or something like that?

First of all, about the instalation, when I descompress the zip file (downloaded from page 2 of this thread) I get 2 folders, but I don´t know how to do with them.

Another question, can I use Catalyst Control Center instead PowerStrip? Can you help me to do it?

Thx.

Der_Eismann

Portal Member
June 23, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
. What happens now when I play from within MP a DVD, I can see the the profile changing followed by 2 seconds of the movie and then I see the MP menu again. I have a feeling that the action of switching the profiles itselves causes MP to stop playing the movie.

same problem here using ATI CCC:

24hz mkvs working fine
25hz avi working fine
23,97hz stops after few seconds

:mad:

pizcolq

Portal Member
August 26, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
There are two folders when you unzip the archive posted in page 2: Sources and Release. Where do I have to put them to install this plugin?

Thx

Memphys

Portal Member
November 29, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
There are two folders when you unzip the archive posted in page 2: Sources and Release. Where do I have to put them to install this plugin?

Thx

Just copy the dll you find in the Release folder into mediaportal plugins process folder

mascot

Portal Pro
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Is there any way to use this without powestrip?

I've now created three profiles in catalyst. 24, 25 and 30 hz.

I use MPC as external player. In MPC under options->playback there is a choice of "change output resolution" and with that a list of resolutions and refreshrates. All I would need is a way to control that... maybe reclock could send some kinda command line to MPC when it detected a certain framerate?

pizcolq

Portal Member
August 26, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Just copy the dll you find in the Release folder into mediaportal plugins process folder

Thanks

Is there any way to use this without powestrip?

I've now created three profiles in catalyst. 24, 25 and 30 hz.

I use MPC as external player. In MPC under options->playback there is a choice of "change output resolution" and with that a list of resolutions and refreshrates. All I would need is a way to control that... maybe reclock could send some kinda command line to MPC when it detected a certain framerate?

I think you can´t use this plugin with MPC, just with the internal MP player. And I am not sure, but I think that you don´t need Powerstrip and you can do the same with Catalyst Control Centrer.

Sinbe

Portal Pro
December 12, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Earlier in this thread seco reported some trouble with mkv-videos which don't seem to work for me either.

The problem is that the video starts playing and I can see the filters (coreavc, ffdshow, haali) in the systray, but the video is somewhere behind the MP window. If i push the button in the upper right corner which should bring the video on top it flickers there for a couple of frames and disappears again. All the other videos work fine and if I disable this plugin the mkvs work fine too.

Anyone know what's the problem here and/or how I can go around it? I'm using VMR9 and reclock.

Edit: After going back and forward with the settings (renderer, disabling and enabling reclock and so on) it suddenly started working :eek: Thanks for the great plugin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom