Refresh Rate Control Plugin (1 Viewer)

ThylakoiD

Portal Member
April 11, 2006
Test version is finally here :D

http://www.esnips.com/web/MediaPortal

Now the plugin works the way that there are Events that are fired when: MP is starting/closing and of course when video starts playing and new refresh rate needs to be set.

On each Event you can assign one or more Commands that can do following:

PowerStrip:
- change refresh rate (that is what plugin did in previous version)
- change profile
- change timing by timing string
- execute PowerStrip's Hot key

Hot keys:
- simulate global hot key (not working with PS, use execute PowerStrip's Hot key instead)
- simulate hotkey and send it to target window

Command line
- executes any file and can specify arguments too

i hope it's not confusing :roll:

note that it is test release and may contain some bugs, i haven't got time to test it more deeply....

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    ThylakoiD,

That didn't take long at all :D , thank you very much! I've just downloaded the test version, but unfortunately I won't be in a position to try it for at least another week.

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    Hey!

Great work. I especially like that the plugin is "complete" with a sensible gui (explanations etc). I never understand the powerstrip interface, but I was capable of doing the following:

Setup 3 refreshrates: 50, 60 and 66Hz

For each refreshrate send a commandline to powerstrip with exact timings.

Due to my lcd tvs stupid implementation, I cannot do 1:1 pixel at 50 or 60 Hz.

720p@50p
    720p@60p
    1366x768@66p

But what MP event can I use for trigging the 1:1 pixel resolution as soon as video playback is stopped?

Also, this didnt seem to work for live tv-viewing. Is it supposed to? (I thought that directshow graphs was more or less the same for video as tv)

thanks
    Knut

baloubic

Portal Member
    June 10, 2006
    Powerstrip always f**ks up.

I had this plugin running great - then all of a sudden the screen gets moved 200px to the right of the screen (leaving a 200px black bar to the left) whenever powerstrip executes some command.

And I have that same problem on two different computers. Has nothing to do with this wonderful plugin, only with blasted powerstrip. Hate it, as I watched the fifa world cup without refresh lags on my mediaportal machine with the plugin, and then all of a sudden powerstrip gets possessed again...

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I also use a VGA to RGB Scart adapter in combination with Powerstrip. My widescreen CRT is a Philips 32PW9525. Most of the time I use my PAL widescreen Powerstrip profile (25Hz interlaced): 1024x576=1024,54,48,162,576,1,5,43,20125,318. My PAL widescreen Powerstrip profile and TV allow changing the refresh rate to 24Hz interlaced for 23.976 material. My NTSC widescreen Powerstrip (30Hz Interlaced) setting is: 856x480=856,62,24,138,480,6,5,34,17010,318. I don't use a PAL60 1024x576i profile.

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    So... For some SVN versions I get working detection of live tv PAL 50Hz, for some I dont. Is this due to some work being done in the tv section? Anyone else have this problem?

Also, potentially unrelated... I have an HD AC3 XViD file. When played back in mediaplayer or zoomplayer it works perfectly. When played back in MP, I get sound but no image. Also, I loose contact with MP. Until perhaps 1 minute, then I see that this plugin change the desktop refreshrate to the 50Hz used by the movie, then one single movie-frame and a new MP lockup...

-k

wallywalts

Portal Member
    January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    this is a great plugin and something that Ive been looking for ages. I only have a couple of issues with it:

Basically it will detect the video fine and change the refresh rate to 72 Hz (for a film) but the only problem is it changes it once the video has started which causes the display to stay black (the video carries on playing in the background)

A way to solve this would be to have a delay from when the video is inpected to when its passed onto MP to play.

i.e. if I press play on a video it inspects it, changes the refresh rate of the monitor accordingly and then passes the video onto MP to play once the refresh rate has been changed.

Ive also noticed it wont pick up on the TV refresh rate which should be a multiple of 25. So if its possible to add a feature that as soon as you click on TV it changes the refresh rate to the required rate and then starts the TV function, so under the settings for MP interactivity instead of just having when MP starts and shutdowns, add a few extra options for when you open certain plugins like TV etc.

if these are at all possible to implement it will be a great plugin..but unfortunately for now I have to revert to doing it manually via keyboard shortcuts

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom