Refresh Rate Control Plugin (1 Viewer)

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    press play on a video it inspects it, changes the refresh rate of the monitor accordingly and then passes the video onto MP to play once the refresh rate has been changed

I agree that would be very useful feature indeed. I don't have the black screen issue, but I use Reclock for playing videos and it does get confused when the screen refresh rate is changed once the video has started playing. My default refresh rate is 25Hz interlaced (CRT TV), and I use this plugin to switch to 24Hz for playing 23.976 Hz NTSC material, with Reclock making the last adjustments for optimum playback.

mamachan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I use this plugin, and it work very fine for me:)
    A question: can i use MultiRes program instead of PowerStrip???

Thanks.
    massimo

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Having some problem getting the correct refresh rate with 1080i HDTV captures. They are 29.97 fps (24.23 fps Telecine).
    In configuration I get correct 60Hz but when I start watching I get 48Hz and sometimes 50Hz.

illStyle

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2006
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I agree that would be very useful feature indeed. I don't have the black screen issue, but I use Reclock for playing videos and it does get confused when the screen refresh rate is changed once the video has started playing. My default refresh rate is 25Hz interlaced (CRT TV), and I use this plugin to switch to 24Hz for playing 23.976 Hz NTSC material, with Reclock making the last adjustments for optimum playback.
    Second that!

Regards,
    Simon

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So if i get this right using this plugin and maybe reclock in addition will solve the
    "fps" stutter problem ( not any codec problems which sometimes occour also) ?

If i use this plugin when playin a 23.9xx fps movie it could set the refresh rate to 48hz ( my tv cant handle 24hz ) and use reclock also for "finetuning" right?

Will the AC3 & reclock problem using SPDIF solved then too? Shouldn´t it because the fps are just correct? No need to correct much?
    On the other hand i would not like to use reclock as it doesnt work with
    hardware acceleration if i am not wrong.

Dont want to start playin around again before i do not know this could really work.

In any way, thank you for this excellent plugin.

Edit: Just recognized that i am inside the development part of this forum, hope i am not totally wrong here with my questions.

activ

Portal Member
    May 30, 2007
    Hi,

I've been trying this plugin on two systems, on a Windows XP installation I get it working fine but on Vista it does not seem to do anything.
    Has anyone ever tested this with Vista? The powerstrip website says that powerstrip works with Vista.

Thanks,
    activ

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Works fine with Vista for me anyways.. Have you tried changing monitor in configuration? I've noticed monitor 0 doesn't work at all.

activ

Portal Member
    May 30, 2007
    I think the roblem is in powerstrip afteral, it seems that it doesn't really support the 8 series from nvidia.

poffe

Portal Member
    January 20, 2007
    Hi all!

I used to run this plugin before but now it doesnt work anymore. I am running windows XP mce with latest cvs updated mediaportal. When I configure the plugin I add 60, 75 and 72 Hz. I then configure powerstrip to handle the refreshchange, I also thest the command from plugin setup and they all seems to work (it changes the screen refresh rate correctly). For some reason it doesnt work when I run MediaPortal and play a movie. Nothing happens altough I know I play a 25 fps movie and I have 60 Hz set. I cant see anything in the mediaportal log either.

Anyone with ideas what can be wrong? It seems that the plugin never gets called during movie playback in MediaPortal. Can this have anything to do with new plugin installer?

regards Per-Ola

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you have logging enabled in the RefreshRateControl plugin configuration, then you should find a log file called "RefreshRateControl.txt" in the MediaPortal folder - this will tell you if the frame rate of the movie was checked, and what the result was ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom