Registration player (1 Viewer)

Theo Jansen

September 1, 2015
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have just installed MP2 on windows 10 pro (from windows 7 pro). When i try to play a video or to watch tv I get an error "No player registred". How do i get the right player in MP2?

Theo Jansen

September 1, 2015
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have reinstalled mediaportel and the problem is resolved. The video's and tv are playing!
Thank you very much for this solution.

alphadelta

September 3, 2015
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have a similar problem but dependencies were installed. I downloaded and installed the August 3 snapshot on Windows 8.1 this evening. Playing TV on a client, get errors when trying to play .wtv content from the server. I also installed on a PC running Windows 10, same issues plus I can't play .ts material nor movies. I either get "player not registered" for the wtv and ts or "failed to set DVD directory". I've rebooted both a few times (and the server). I can play live TV off both however.

On both PCs the VC redists were installed (2008, 2010, 2012, 2013) and windows update fully updated.

Logs are attached - the 22.40 logs are the Windows 8.1 machine trying to play a wtv (movies work fine), the 22.47 are the windows 10 machine trying to play a movie from the server (wtvs don't work either on this machine). Live tv works fine.

I don't know whether it is a network issue, permissions or what - they are all on the same homegroup, and I can access the material outside of mediaportal using WMP or VLC for example.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There are errors, but they are different. There is a problem with building the DirectShow graph, maybe a registered filter is broken:
    [2015-09-03 22:39:55,777] [16832 ] [Thread9 ] [WARN ] - SlimTvPlayerBuilder: Error playing media item 'Resource '{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///D:/Recorded TV/Legends_ONE_2015_09_02_22_27_00.wtv' at system '28c14aaf-9428-4e70-b2ee-82fc04c61815'
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004003): Invalid pointer

at DirectShow.Helper.HRESULT.Throw()
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Client.Player.WTVPlayer.AddSourceFilter()
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.BaseDXPlayer.SetMediaItem(IResourceLocator locator, String mediaItemTitle)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Client.Player.SlimTvPlayerBuilder.GetPlayer(MediaItem mediaItem)

For diagnostic, can you please download the program: http://www.heise.de/download/graphstudionext-1184797.html. When you extract and run it, use the "file" menu -> "Render media file" and select the D:/Recorded TV/Legends_ONE_2015_09_02_22_27_00.wtv.

Please post a screenshot then, even if it is not working.

alphadelta

September 3, 2015
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the quick reply - I'm going to have to wait until Sunday as am out of town for a couple of days - just letting you know so you don't think I am ungrateful!

alphadelta

September 3, 2015
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here's the screenshot from the W8.1 machine:
    upload_2015-9-9_22-2-37.png

The file seems to play OK.

W10 machine:
    upload_2015-9-9_22-11-18.png

File also plays.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Very interesting. On Win10 three of the output pins will no longer be rendered:
    • Microsoft TV Subtitles Decoder
    • Microsoft TV Captions Decoder
    • iTV Data Sink
    I think all of those are consequences of the WMC removal.

Can you upload an example recording somewhere, so I can test it here?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    New Sylvester Client Only - NEC T100f-s
    GraphStudio_Win7.jpg

New Windows server 2012 with Hyper-V (graph at root server level)
    Interesting that both are the same with totally different hardware
    GraphStudio_WinServer2012.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread