[solved] Regular Hangs of Sound with new HTPC and A/V Receiver (1 Viewer)

Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Everyone,

i've just replaced my old HTPC with a new Intel NUC 5i5RYH (see system specs in my profile both for old and new system) and also my old A/V Receiver (Panasonic, connected via optical cable for sound and via HDMI to the TV) with a new Onkyo TX-NR737 (B), connected solely via HDMI to the A/V Receiver and from there to the TV. Both the old and the new HTPC are using Windows 10 Home.

The TV-Server i'm using is still the same (see specs again pls).

"Mostly" everything runs fine from the start, but i have some issues with the sound when watching TV (both live and recorded):

From time to time (sometimes once or twice a minute, sometimes every 2 or 3 minutes theres a short "lag" of the sound for a fraction of a second. It seems that the movie runs fine but just the sound hangs (sound simply abscent for that short time).
    Please see the Screenshots i took when this happens. Since there's a drop at the red line i suppose this is caused by the new HTPC, not by the A/V Receiver. Unfortunately i have no idea what this means or where i can start to solve the problem.

What i tried:
    • The one of the sreenshots: Other processes or a cpu peak isn't visible during this moment. Nevertheless i reduced the running processes to a minimum. So far i even didn't installed any Antivirus software.
    • Manually downloaded all current drivers from the Intel Homepage and installed them
    • Rewinded when the problem occures to see if it's allways at the same spots: It isn't
    • Changed the Codec (i'm not quite sure which codec to change in the settings)
    What i want to try (pending):
    • See if this also occurs while watching Movies (they are also streamed from the HTPC-Server via Network)
    • Connect the Old HTPC to the A/V Recever to see if the problem is reproducable (The old HTPC didn't have this problem)
    Maybe someone of you can point me in the right direction in order to solve this problem. Anyway many thanks in advance!!

graph.png
    graph-task.png

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

Thank you for the detailed description, however, we will need some more information. Could you collect your logs (Watchdog Option 3), upload the zip an dindicate at what time the issue did occur?

Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi There,

I've restarted Mediaportal with Watchdog and the drops occured again, approx. 3-5 seconds afterwards i shut down MP. Please finde the logs attached. Hope this helps. Thanks again

Hotkey

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe I'm totally wrong but your log is saying:

Code:
    [2015-11-16 18:59:57,247] [13c60048] [ 210] - audPin:CompleteConnect() ok, filter: LAV Audio Decoder

but in your Screenshots there is displayed MS Audio Decoder?

Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i've changed the codec in the settings to see if this would fix the issue. unfortunately the problem persits...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Hotkey
    The TsReader log shows what is happening:
    [2015-11-16 19:01:23,064] [13c60048] [ d0c] - Demux : Audio to render 0.189 Sec
    [2015-11-16 19:01:23,064] [13c60048] [ 99c] - audPin : Audio to render late= 0.188
    [2015-11-16 19:01:23,221] [13c60048] [ d0c] - Demux : Video to render 1.269 Sec
    [2015-11-16 19:01:23,441] [13c60048] [ 99c] - audPin : Audio to render late= 0.195
    [2015-11-16 19:01:23,594] [13c60048] [ d0c] - Demux : Video to render 1.235 Sec
    [2015-11-16 19:01:23,736] [13c60048] [ d10] - Pause 195 mS renderer clock to match provider/RTSP clock, A/V = 0/34

Basically TsReader is forced to pause the audio (which is the "short lag" you described) because it runs out of audio data to play. It must wait for more audio to be received before audio can be continued.

The full explanation of the reason why TsReader runs out of audio data is very complex, relating to timing/clock differences between your PCs.

You can try to set the TsReader "BufferingDelayInMilliSeconds" registry setting (at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team MediaPortal\TsReader). This may increase the time before the first pause happens... but it probably won't solve the problem.

@Owlsroost may be able to offer better advice.

[edit: Oh, other things you could try:
    ]

Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again.
    Good news, the problem was solved by using UNC instead of RTSP. At least i didn't experienced any more drops so far.
    So: Many thanks for your help!!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Did you try the RTSP patch?
    It would be great if you could do that for us...

Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just read the requirements, i'll first have to update the MP-Versions to the most recent version, after that i'll try the patch and keep u posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom