Release Calendar or schedule (1 Viewer)

toddbailey

Portal Pro
April 25, 2006
Pac NorWet
I see so what you are really saying it there is no actual release schedule or a calendar that you follow?

From what I see it looks like about every 4 months or so.

Would that be a fair estimate for the next release or no real way to tell

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The time between release candidates varies thusfar. I'm fairly new to the forum, but am using MP quite a while. Development is going pretty fast now. A lot of new skins and plugins are being devoloped. On the other hand this (ofcourse) means there are more applications to debug. So it can go two ways. Depending on several variables.

My guesse it will take some time because some parts of MP have been removed, as you can read on the frontpage. Stability is the main thing right now, I believe. But I guesse it will be important to also add some new features in the next RC.....

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
No new features will come in until the next release, only fixes & tweaks. The release will come when major bugs listed here are busted. No fixed date, that can't work as us devs (and other team members) also have a real life and can be quite busy with other stuff from time to time. :wink:

toddbailey

Portal Pro
April 25, 2006
Pac NorWet
been there and doing that, been putting in 50 hour weeks build a financial apps for Msoft. Just thought I'd ask. ALso thanks for the link to existing bugs. No need to repost already known issues.

If the feature you speak of is not su[pport and buggy perhaps it should be removed so novices like myself don't get into trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

@ltfearme @m3rcury @Edalex
@ltfearme @m3rcury @Edalex
Due to the release of the x64 version, and the need to recompile plugins, we have created a separate repository (for plugins that...
Replies
Views
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5201] - Fix MPC-HC...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
Replies
Views
Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
Replies
Views
I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom