Releasing MediaPortal 2 Alpha version (3 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just to clarify the "close button" situation a bit: the main buttons (close, minimize...) are usually only shown when the mouse is used and are hiding automatically after a timeout.

This can be changed inside skin, it's a very small change (removing the IsVisible condition).

I think about what to do best for the next version ;)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is maybe a little bit of a cheeky question (the day after an amazing effort by the team to release the first alpha), but I will ask it anyway:

What do the team envisage the time intervals will be between sucessive Alpha releases over the coming months? Clearly you are going to get many many bug reports initially, so are you intending to do an alpha release every couple of weeks to test fixes progressively, or are you looking more like months until the next release?

I am sure there will be some "quick win" fixes and some more difficult ones which will take much longer to investigate.... I suppose the more smaller bugs are resolved the more people will use it, and the more feedback you will get!

Thanks

Robbo100

ChrisOfCatford

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    London UK
    Home Country
    This release is just stunning. Can't wait for the TV and other features, will be doing another donation on my next pay day!

Is it windows 7 only (I saw one comment saying no windows Vista so I suppose it is)?

Edit: OK, so it is Windows 7! Is that for ever?

Chris

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Is there any instructions on how to set MP2 up, all I get working is the weather!

Yes there are: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/MediaPortal_2_Alpha_Release/00_Quick_Start_Guide

It sounds like you have not run the MP2 Server shortcut (you need to run it manually at the moment for this first Alpha release). It should be on your desktop in the same location as the client shortcut. If it isn't then you need to re-run the installation and select the single seat option. If you are running a separate client/server system, then you will need to manually run the server shortcut on the server before you run the client shortcut on the client PC.

Robbo100

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Install dokan library and DX9 runtime first , then mediaportal 2.
    (I have Windows 8 running on Oracle VM virtual box)

Unfortunately it ain't working on my Windows 8 native installation, but it is good to know, that it is possible.

p.s. I tried MP2 on my Windows 7 desktop and it works extremely fast :)

Gav76uk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2012
    Sheffield, England.
    Home Country
    Yes there are: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/MediaPortal_2_Alpha_Release/00_Quick_Start_Guide

It sounds like you have not run the MP2 Server shortcut (you need to run it manually at the moment for this first Alpha release). It should be on your desktop in the same location as the client shortcut. If it isn't then you need to re-run the installation and select the single seat option. If you are running a separate client/server system, then you will need to manually run the server shortcut on the server before you run the client shortcut on the client PC.

Robbo100
    Cheers Robbo100, I'll installing it again.

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for a great first release. We have been waiting some time to get our hands on this and it has been worth it. On my system everything seems to work as advertised with the provisos of some of the above comments re feature.

Looking forward to more!
    Neville

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I just installed MP2 on my laptop. There I had tested some earlier (pre Alpha) Versions of MP2. For this I had an older version or dokan installed there. I had deleted all old MP2 stuff, but forgot to deinstall dokan... During installation of Alpha dokan needs to be updated. This was possible only with a reboot. For this I had to cancel the installation, deinstall old dokan, reboot and install MP2 again. Not really a good way, I think...

A Reboot in the middle of the installation is quite ugly so this has to be handled better by next versions of the installer, I think.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Like I said in few posts back I'm also having difficulties to navigate to "X" which closes MP2, using keyboard...
    If I put the mouse in the top left corner I can't seem to get it to show up either. I really tried. I think something is off here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom