Releasing MediaPortal 2 Alpha version (2 Viewers)

Terra

Portal Pro
August 25, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
You're talking about a new service pack ? Can you please tell us the exact message you get from the installer ?
The message literally says that the Installation Package cannot be installed by the Windows Installer Service and we have to install a Windows Servicepack that contains a new Version of the Installer. No more details.

I get this message on my current Client Server setup on WinXP and WinSrv2003. But they are not supported anyway :(

InTranceWeTrust

Portal Member
October 22, 2010
Home Country
Greece Greece
Hello ... i cant start the server ... error msg follows .. i suspect it can;t find SQLSERVER because i use MP1 with MySQL. What can i do ?

- Error establishing database connection
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'sqlceme35.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.NativeMethods.DllAddRef()
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeEngine..ctor()
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeEngine..ctor(String connectionString)
at MediaPortal.Database.SQLCE.SQLCEDatabase..ctor()
[2012-03-03 15:54:14,580] [400 ] [Main ] [ERROR] - PluginManager: Error building plugin item 'SQLCEDatabase' at location '/Services'
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'sqlceme35.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.NativeMethods.DllAddRef()
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeEngine..ctor()
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeEngine..ctor(String connectionString)
at MediaPortal.Database.SQLCE.SQLCEDatabase..ctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at MediaPortal.Common.PluginManager.PluginRuntime.InstantiatePluginObject(String typeName)
at MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.Builders.ServiceBuilder.BuildItem(PluginItemMetadata itemData, PluginRuntime plugin)
at MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginManager.RequestItem(PluginItemRegistration itemRegistration, Type type, IPluginItemStateTracker stateTracker)
[2012-03-03 15:54:14,581] [401 ] [Main ] [WARN ] - ServiceRegistration: Could not register dynamic service with id 'SQLCEDatabase'

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Down load - installs without a hitch - all good so far.

Won't map networked shared work until server operating - ok, documentation and my reading of same probably.

Set up within GUI - really really BAD idea, a GLOBAL OFF SWITCH outside the GUI required or I'll spend hrs reversing the errors made by wife & son who just want to USE system and NOT tinker with system.
    Other seem to have found the setup side slick and effective, I found it slow and ponderous in layout - crisp in action though.

Video - sorry but potential for a major fail here. I have a comprehensive set up in terms of where files located, sub-directories (and directories are MY definition of genre) for sets. GUI ignores this (it being derived from MovieInfo - which I've considered and dropped for same reason) and lists sub-directories if displayed as ALL and 4 filter types I'll never use! If I can turn this ALL off, then good - on by default is cool, understand many people want this level of function but suspect it'll annoy the pants of many other users. Choosing to have filters listed or not being skin control, should be easy.

Currently, as the system attempts to build thumbnail I would expect it to take something approaching 12hrs to be usable - building thumbnail of EVERY video across my shares (several 1000 files) and that's on dev system, on my ATOM based main box................ Assume this will be on/off feature.

Looks, excellent, speed - apart from above - quick.

For an ALPHA, good (very good in fact - lots of 'release code' rather less polished that this, all credit to the dev team for most excellent effort) - but as a design concept in terms of management (in gui - arrgh) and video management, sorry, "less is more" is truism for a reason.

Give me back a simplistic file based view in Video management & an 'off switch' in overall management so it's an appliance too my wife & boy (and so many other people's wives, husbands & kids who want 'on/off' and little more:) and I'm sure it'll be a winner - hence despite my reservations I'm going to continue to investigate and feedback as my minor contribution to what is a major undertaking.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Set up within GUI - really really BAD idea, a GLOBAL OFF SWITCH outside the GUI required or I'll spend hrs reversing the errors made by wife & son who just want to USE system and NOT tinker with system.
    Other seem to have found the setup side slick and effective, I found it slow and ponderous in layout - crisp in action though.

It's a point that needs to be discussed, and I really understand your POV. Maybe a simple PIN code for settings would be sufficient to avoid problems ?

Video - sorry but potential for a major fail here. I have a comprehensive set up in terms of where files located, sub-directories (and directories are MY definition of genre) for sets. GUI ignores this (it being derived from MovieInfo - which I've considered and dropped for same reason) and lists sub-directories if displayed as ALL and 4 filter types I'll never use! If I can turn this ALL off, then good - on by default is cool, understand many people want this level of function but suspect it'll annoy the pants of many other users. Choosing to have filters listed or not being skin control, should be easy.

Try the "Browse Media" button please, and use "Videos", "Audio" and "Pictures" as a search tool...

Currently, as the system attempts to build thumbnail I would expect it to take something approaching 12hrs to be usable - building thumbnail of EVERY video across my shares (several 1000 files) and that's on dev system, on my ATOM based main box................ Assume this will be on/off feature.

Current importer is quite slow indeed. It is planned to imporve the process in a future release.

Looks, excellent, speed - apart from above - quick.

For an ALPHA, good (very good in fact - lots of 'release code' rather less polished that this, all credit to the dev team for most excellent effort) - but as a design concept in terms of management (in gui - arrgh) and video management, sorry, "less is more" is truism for a reason.

Give me back a simplistic file based view in Video management & an 'off switch' in overall management so it's an appliance too my wife & boy (and so many other people's wives, husbands & kids who want 'on/off' and little more:) and I'm sure it'll be a winner - hence despite my reservations I'm going to continue to investigate and feedback as my minor contribution to what is a major undertaking.

Thanks for your feedback then...

Cheers.

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In MP2 everything is a plugin. Just delete the Configuration plugin, and the configuration menu point won't be there any more. (Or you could remove the configuration action "Home->ConfigurationMain" in file Plugins/Configuration/Skin/default/Workflow/configuration-actions.xml).

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would only say thanks to the Team! Greate Job.
    I am looking forward to the next updates :)

madvario

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    Northern Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ...and it would be nice to have one config for all clients with the same settings, e.g. the video and audio filters that are defined on the server.
    Don't think that this is good, cause sometimes you need different configurations due to hardwarespecs.
    For me e.g. it's on my mainhtpc I need a delay of 200ms for audio cause I use mainboard analog audio (seperate amplifier) and hdmi video.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have published a first preview of OnlineVideos for MediaPortal2 Alpha here.

Just wanted to say that possibilities we now have with the XAML like skin engine are endless and will result in way prettier and distinguished skins than what MP1 could ever achieve at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom