Releasing MediaPortal 2 Alpha version (1 Viewer)

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Which IRSS version to use with MP2?

BigB42078

Portal Member
    January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I love this release, I know it's rough but the possibilities of the features are awesome.
    Anti-aliasing for the GUI is genius giving it a HD feel, can't wait to see the skins released
    Blu-ray support is great with DVDFab Passkey, just throw in a disc, after Passkey finishes scanning the main movie file starts playing almost immediately, (only problem is some movies are playing in fast forward, sure that will get worked out). Same with some .iso backups which it also plays, awesome.
    Player runs really smooth, and the effects option really cool, some may be more toys than others, but the sharpen and denoise could be very useful.
    Nice job guys, can't wait to see this develop into a full featured software!(y)

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Unfortunately it ain't working on my Windows 8 native installation, but it is good to know, that it is possible.

p.s. I tried MP2 on my Windows 7 desktop and it works extremely fast :)

Running in Windows 8, I needed a reboot after the DX9 Runtime installation and everything went fine :)

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Inker and seco: I must confess... I completely forgot to add a function to close MP2 if you're not using the mouse. How embarrassing... :)
    Actually, I always try to reconsider all functions multiple times, for multiple use cases and multiple input methods. But this one, I missed completely. I always use the mouse here to test and IR isn't really included yet, although it works if you're using IRSS.
    Like morpheus already said: We'll check it over for the next versions.

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    Running in Windows 8, I needed a reboot after the DX9 Runtime installation and everything went fine :)

I tried every combination and no work. Installing MP2 on win8 asks to reinstall Dokan even installed and after that it cannot be installed, MP installation stops.
    DX9 installed, rebooted.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    A Reboot in the middle of the installation is quite ugly so this has to be handled better by next versions of the installer, I think.

Yes Lehmden, this part of the installer is not good. The installer should use a "RunOnce" registry entry and not fail, but just reboot the computer and start the installation again once done.

It won't be forgotten, thanks.

Smeulf.

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    VUOLIA - automatically win8 is troubleshooting Dokan to install as WInXP SP3, that is why MP2 installer is reinstalling it. Set in properties to run in compatability mode for Win7 and MP2 installer gone through :)

tomakas123

Portal Member
    March 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    It will be nice in v2 to do, default screen black, after esc. show menu, after esc, hide all menu and show your last choice like TV, video and etc. Now an example, I'm watching video, and after seeing the weather I can't go back to full screen video after pressing esc key. Where is no default aspect 16:9 it's very important if you watch 4:3 and want it to see in you TV with 16:9

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom