Rename files based on MP-TV series database (1 Viewer)

KvB

Portal Member
March 10, 2007
Hi there,

First off all, thanks for creating such an AWESOME plugin! It's the best addon for MediaPortal and it looks amazing!

Secondly, now that I have my entire tv show collection in the MP-TV Series database, I was wondering if I could change the filenames of the episodes so that they ALL would be in the same format?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Kees.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Secondly, now that I have my entire tv show collection in the MP-TV Series database, I was wondering if I could change the filenames of the episodes so that they ALL would be in the same format?
    Yes you can, next time the import is run the old file references will be removed from the database and the new ones added.

You should disable 'Keep referenced to files no longer available' if you previously enabled this as you will get duplicates in you list.

KvB

Portal Member
    March 10, 2007
    I was hoping for a solution that would use all the data in the MP-TV Series database (locally) to rename the files...

Hope there's something out there that can do that, otherwise, is it hard to parse that data from the sql db myself?

pirivan

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2008

Cas

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i agree with your idea that this feature would be useful.

I use a renamer from time to time on my entire collection to keep it in order. i have tried many of the different renamers with the only one i have found that works for me is Media Renamer. It really helps because it can highlight file naming problems that the TVSeries parser will also encounter.

alexeiei

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 8, 2009
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I was hoping for a solution that would use all the data in the MP-TV Series database (locally) to rename the files...

Hope there's something out there that can do that, otherwise, is it hard to parse that data from the sql db myself?
    He (me too!) is asking about rename media files with information that he have in LOCAL database. Maybe a tool that imports info about the film/serie and renames the media file with this info.

It would be very nice

cynserino

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    Bucks County, PA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'll second (or third) the motion for adding such a feature. Considering that TV-Series already identifies the shows and connects them with physical files, I don't see what would be hard in adding a renaming feature. But I'm not a coder, so I'm actually clueless on how it's done.

I've used the Media Renamer and tvrename, but it always misses something. With the expression rules in TV-Series, you can always find a way to identify the correct series. You could even teach the renamer to output what ever you'd want because of the rules... I think.

But it's just a feature request, you guys don't have to do anything with it.

bberger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Leobersdorf near Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'll second (or third) the motion for adding such a feature. Considering that TV-Series already identifies the shows and connects them with physical files, I don't see what would be hard in adding a renaming feature. But I'm not a coder, so I'm actually clueless on how it's done.

I've used the Media Renamer and tvrename, but it always misses something. With the expression rules in TV-Series, you can always find a way to identify the correct series. You could even teach the renamer to output what ever you'd want because of the rules... I think.

But it's just a feature request, you guys don't have to do anything with it.

Really sorry for digging this old thread up again, but DEFO a "+1" from me here.. It's kind of a pain in the ass manually re-assigning about 50-70 matches every time the MP install crashes (and that happens regularly since the TV Series update last year, which will EVENTUALLY be fixed on MP 1.3.0 regarding the bugtracker..) and the renamer resp. tvrename.com correctly identify the series and therefore do nothing..

I'd have the files renamed manually.. but you have to find them first sprayed over several harddisks in between of around 7000 other files.. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom