Rename series from epg data (1 Viewer)

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
Hi there testimies.
thanks for the new version.
I tried the GUI with the 4tr syntax and it pulled some data however could not match with in TVDB. But the show was a few days old so perhaps there was no EPG data.
Will let you know shortly
Oh as for the comskip..I understand the problems..not really worried about that just now...want your tool to work first..

testing testing....back to ya soon

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England
testimies
Thanks for the pointers. I can now connect to the 4TR recordings folder and extract the EPG data. I now need to understand the regex to extract the series name and episode information. Will have a longer play afterwork.

Question: are you extracting the EPG data from the 4TR database or from the .ts recorded file?

testimies

Portal Pro
October 12, 2007
Espoo
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi,

Good to see it works.

Renamer gets that EPG data from 4TR's database and makes a xml file of it. Then it uses that. (TVServer automatically generates this xml file) It might possible to get same data from ts file but this was easier way to do it. I'm not familiar with the technical details of ts files..

If you want to test if connection to thetvdb works correctly before creating RegExes, you can fill those series name, episode number etc manually.

Testimies

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
ok did two test recordings last night. The tool ran with no error but didn't pull the season or episode information.
When I ran it maually via the gui I see that the overview and episode name in the gui are the same...me thinks thats not right.
I can clearly see from the EPG data that the episode name is avaiaible yet the tool didn't grab it. Do I have a config issue...
This is the XML data, you can see that there is no episode title which I think is what your trying to key in on.
Let me know what you think..I am so close...
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Tags>
<tag>
<SimpleTag>
<name>TITLE</name>
<value>Star Trek: Voyager</value>
</SimpleTag>
<SimpleTag>
<name>COMMENT</name>
<value>The Doctor creates another holographic physician to save Torres when the body of an injured alien latches onto her.</value>
</SimpleTag>
<SimpleTag>
<name>GENRE</name>
<value>Series</value>
</SimpleTag>
<SimpleTag>
<name>CHANNEL_NAME</name>
<value>627 SPACEC</value>
</SimpleTag>
</tag>
</Tags>

here is the excerpt from my epg xml file.
you can see the episode name is there
<programme start="20090710050000 +0000" stop="20090710060000 +0000" channel="I17609.labs.zap2it.com">
<title lang="en">Star Trek: Voyager</title>
<sub-title lang="en">Nothing Human</sub-title>
<desc lang="en">The Doctor creates another holographic physician to save Torres when the body of an injured alien latches onto her.</desc>
<credits>
<director>David Livingston</director>
<actor>Kate Mulgrew</actor>
<actor>Robert Beltran</actor>
<actor>Roxann Dawson</actor>
<actor>Robert Duncan McNeill</actor>
<actor>Ethan Phillips</actor>
<actor>Robert Picardo</actor>
<actor>Tim Russ</actor>
<actor>Jeri Ryan</actor>
<actor>Garrett Wang</actor>
<writer>Jeri Taylor</writer>
<guest>David Clennon</guest>
<guest>Jad Mager</guest>
</credits>
<date>19981202</date>
<category lang="en">Science fiction</category>
<category lang="en">Fantasy</category>
<category lang="en">Adventure</category>
<category lang="en">Series</category>
<episode-num system="dd_progid">EP00127361.0103</episode-num>
<episode-num system="onscreen">200</episode-num>
<audio>
<stereo>stereo</stereo>
</audio>
<previously-shown start="19981202000000" />
<subtitles type="teletext" />
<rating system="VCHIP">
<value>TV-PG</value>
</rating>

reading your readme file It seems the tool is designed to parse episode data from the comments/overview field. But I confess I have never seen that type of data in the overview field, but I could be wrong. But if the episode title is avaialbe, could you not use that and also try conducting a match. I am not programmer, but its just a thought.

Let me know how I can help..I love the idea of this tool

one last thing..not sure if it helps you.
but this line in the epg data <episode-num system="dd_progid">EP00127361.0103</episode-num>
Well the 127361 is the series name, it matches with SH127361 thats in the tvdb.
as for the 0103..this I can't make heads or tails of. I know this episode is the 102 episode...interesting how close the number is but when I tried the next show It wasn't even close.

testimies

Portal Pro
October 12, 2007
Espoo
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi Rickyg,

Now I can see your problem. I have of course initially made this program for my own use. I live in Finland and epg data has absolutely minimum amount of information in here. We have just the name of series and one field that contains some information of episode. You have a field that has episode name. That makes everything much easier. You don´t need those regular expressions.

But the fact is that Renamer doesn't work as is with your epg file. I can try to change it. Problem is of course that I cannot test it because I don't have same kind of data in 4TR database. But I'll give it a go. It might take some time.

Testimies

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
is there anything I can do to assist.
I could send you a listings.xml file for testing purposes if that would help.
just a thought.

file

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England
testimies: Another way to get the EPG information instead of from the 4TR database or the XMLTV epg file would be from within the .ts file as described here. This would then I assume give you a common starting point. Here is a link to some more information of the 4TR forum.

testimies

Portal Pro
October 12, 2007
Espoo
Home Country
Finland Finland
:D
Thanks for advice. If Renamer would use data from ts file, it wouldn't depend that much from 4TR's dlls. Then 4TR's future updates wouldn't break it.. And I can manually change data and test different kind of epg datas..

Do you know if TvServer integrates epg data to ts files? Xml file it creates is enough for me because it shows all my epg data. But for example Rickyg has sub-titles (episode name) and all other kind of data also. Those seem to be lost. At least it looks like that when I look at TVServers code.

Rickig, I tried to match episode numbers found in your listings.xml to thetvdb's production code or episode number but they didn't match. I guess that episode name (=sub-title) in that case is the best way to find correct season and episode numbers..

But 4TR's case is good news..

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England
I don't think TVServer uses the alternate data streams. From memory it create a seperate .xml file. I have been using 4TR for so long I've forgotten.

Attached is a .xml extracted from a 4TR recording. I don't have the related source epg data.

Attachments

• Torchwood Children of Earth (Day One - 15)_BBC ONE_2009-07-06_21-00.zip
    30.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom