Rename series from epg data (1 Viewer)

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England
:eek: You're fast..

I have also made some modifications to support epg data with subtitle field. How did you make the match? With title & subtitle? I left that episode number field out because some times it seemed to be wrong..

If someone has time to check if this works, please do. If it doesn't work, let me know.

It works for me. The only potential bit of useful data that is missing is the Episode Number, which you have excluded by design. Would it not be better to pull this information out and then let the user choose what he wants to use use in the match.

than ks for the information Surfermc.
Once I woke up and reaqlized what you where trying to tell me, I was able to spend a couple hours lat night and write a simple app that reads the hidden xml data, parse it and then does a look up against the tvdb.com for the season and episode data to rename the file.
I have some clean up to do, but it does what I am after...so thanks

You can't leave us on tender hooks like that...
Please share you wares.

MC

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
hahahahahahahaha
no problem. I am afriad its written in vb6 as I gave up programming years ago. Was never that good..
That said, I need to play around with it, add some logging and clean up the code then sure thing.

testimies

Portal Pro
October 12, 2007
Espoo
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi MC,

There is <EpisodeNumber> field in epg data (.ts's xml file). Is that absolute episode number or this season's episode number? If it's season's episode number, is there season number somewhere also? I am making version which would get that data also..

TM

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England
Hi MC,

There is <EpisodeNumber> field in epg data (.ts's xml file). Is that absolute episode number or this season's episode number? If it's season's episode number, is there season number somewhere also? I am making version which would get that data also..

TM
Hi testimies,

The <EpsisodeNumber> is the season's episode number. Unfortunatley I've not seen the season number in the xml file.

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
Ok here is my version

I make no promises it doesn't blow up the world.
I need to add more logging, but so far its working..reasonably well so I welcome any feedback.
Basically you put it where ever you like and set up a post processing routine for it.
put the xml file there as well.
The app will assuming the stars and the moon align.

Read the fortherecord meta data.
Find the series name and episode name.
Locate the series and episode and create a new file name based on that data.
If all is good, it will rename the .ts file and the . thmb file.
IF there is no match, it could be becuase the show in the epg is something like "Flash Gordon" when on the tvdb website its really "Flash Gordon (2007)". If this is the case you can alter the ParseData.XML file with the subsitute name.

here is what the test xml file looks like
<?xml version= 1 encoding=-8 ?>
<LastPath>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Videos\Alfred Hitchcock Presents\</LastPath>
<Language>en</Language>
<RenameFile>Yes</RenameFile>
<SeriesNameReplacement>
<change>Flash Gordon</change>
<into>Flash Gordon (2007)</into>
<change>Alfred Hitchcock Presents</change>
<into>Alfred Hitchcock Presents (1985)</into>
</Data>

Its pretty easy to add the name change information.
if it fails for this reason, you can manually run it after updating the xml file and it should find the program...again assuming that the starts and moon align.

I have included an ocx that could be missing from your machine...I have not coded in years so I am using vb6..yeah I know get with the present.
Just drop the ocx in your system32 directory and it should work.

Let me know how you make out.

Attachments

• TsRenamer.zip
    30.6 KB

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England
Hi Rickyg

The application seems to work OK. There was no need for me to add the .ocx file to the system32 directory.
Niether of the windows are scrollable is this by design.

As you said previously it was configured for your needs. Would it be possible to customise the output filename format. I prefer the s03e09 format to 3x9.

MC

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
hey surfermc...glad to hear it works..I make no promises its perfect.
Also it was pointed out today that it doesn't update 4tr so the link to the recorded program will be broken.
It didn't matter so much to me as I was goin gto move the files intoa folder where MyTvSeries would pick it up. But I am gooin gto look into that.
As for the naming format.
I can't see why not.
Just need to play around with it.
Let me know if anything goes boom

here ya go

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England
Rickyg,
It hasn't gone boom yet, but it is not working anymore. :( It is no longer renaming the file. I've changed the <RenameFile> to "Yes" but this makes no difference.

A couple of things.
1. I dropped the new .exe into the old location on running it did not like the old ParseData.xml file. Once this was deleted the programme started.
2. The header in ParseData.xml is not correct. The file is not a true .xml file. 1st line should be <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
3. Instead of renaming the existing file within the recordings area could a different location be specified.

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
bump in the night

Can you shoot me your log file.
I made a change to the xml format..perhaps I did it wrong.
I will have a look as soon as I can. Sorry its not working. will see what I can do

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom