Replacement MTN (Thumbnailer) for H264 content (2 Viewers)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You haven't tested it yet! ;)

But thanks for the compliment. :cool:

I am keen to get everything working with the MTN standalone, then I can insert it into MePo.

Otherwise trying to rapidily debug/test my code while in MePo will take longer. My plan is to still merge the functionality, with as little change to MePo.

Just need to figure out merging/diff stuff with Git. I've checked out the MePo code, just never used Git before.

J.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep Git @ first seems not really easy.
    You can change the code (based on master branch) then commit (it will only commit in local) and then create a patch.
    You can also attach file and i can try to do it :)
    Thanks.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

I am keen to get everything working with the MTN standalone, then I can insert it into MePo.

Otherwise trying to rapidily debug/test my code while in MePo will take longer. My plan is to still merge the functionality, with as little change to MePo.

Just need to figure out merging/diff stuff with Git. I've checked out the MePo code, just never used Git before.

J.

You mean you intend to create a version that doesn't use the mtn.exe but does all of this directly within MP?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I just tested v71 based on master :) i have set 2x2 and most of my thumbnail are only 1 tile.
    when using ffmpeg in MP code i have 2x2.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

J.

You mean you intend to create a version that doesn't use the mtn.exe but does all of this directly within MP?

Yep :)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Thats the idea.

I'm hoping I can keep the changes to minimum within Mepo (to avoid risk of breaking it). At the moment everything should be within the thumbnailer and core.utils (need to check/change/create the process method to change the capturing of StdOut/stdErr and waiting for the process to finish)

Sebastiii - Can I have your Mepo log and MTN_Replacement log, it will probably be a stupid mistake on my part :(

J.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Sorry, i didn't understand ? :)
    You mean that with old mtn it's worst ? (i can confirm that) :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom