Request ::: Multi level basic home (1 Viewer)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Request ::: Multi level basic home

That could be easily implemented like I have it since years in my PureVisionHD skins, just with another design. Instead of changing the screen completely including backgrounds etc.) you would just change it to display a menu siimiliar to your mockup ;) Think I´ll do it for my PVHD Blue skin ;)

Edit: Just made some test with a mix of hidden menus and action menus - works really fine. THX for your idea, Spragleknas ;)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Request ::: Multi level basic home

If you are using PVHD Blue, I have a working (but not 100% finished) preview version. There are missing the hover items, and I will make better button images. But it works like a charm ;)

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
      46.7 KB

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Cool! Let me see!
    Joz: What do you think about the idea?

Hey Spragleknas,

I like the simplicity and usability of your idea. However I started this thread because my personal preference lies @ streamedMP, mainly because of the fanart focus the skin has, it just works for me in a personal way.
    And thanks to others for pointing out all those other skins, I had already tried every single one and streamedMP I still like the most when it comes to an over all feel.
    As I said before I might pick this up myself since there seems to be no real interest from the community.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Cool! Let me see!
    Joz: What do you think about the idea?

Hey Spragleknas,

I like the simplicity and usability of your idea. However I started this thread because my personal preference lies @ streamedMP, mainly because of the fanart focus the skin has, it just works for me in a personal way.
    And thanks to others for pointing out all those other skins, I had already tried every single one and streamedMP I still like the most when it comes to an over all feel.
    As I said before I might pick this up myself since there seems to be no real interest from the community.

Joz,

I have been looking at what would be involved in adding multilevel to the current editor and is some major changes in design. This new look here is another challenge :)

Time is my issue currently been pretty busy with other parts of the skin recently so the editor has overdue for some attention...

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Joz.
    I kinda missed that this was under the SteamedMP subforum :oops:
    Anyway, idea should be transferable, as Catavolt shows.

Cat.: Not using PV(HD). I'll see your screens when finished :)

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    trevor:

I totally understand, I know what the basichome looks like xml wise, it won't be an easy task for sure.

Spragleknas

The idea is pretty good and also leaves plenty of oppertunity to put in some fanart, which I'd like.
    I might give it a shot myself sometime, probably using streamedmp as a basis (I know I'm stubborn ;)).

FYI
    I feel that how streamedMP has a submenu in my home looks pretty good. If it were (or is gonna be, who knows) me to do this I would borrow that design.
    Maybe an easier task for me is to just use myhome and customize the heck out of it to look more like streamedmp's basichome.
    Dunno if I could somehow use conditional visibility with control.hastext (or something to that extend maybe #selecteditem?) on the menu to have submenu's (and other design elements) based on that... I'll give this idea a shot soon (thought up while typing the now pretty long FYI)

vrm42

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I know that in the mod section of this forum someone already did exactly that but that's;
    a) a pretty old version now
    b) hard to implement myself

Hey,

I believe your're talking about the lateral blade. I spent days to understand that great xml and modify it to my needs.
    I have cleaned up and advanced it a little. Now it is relatively easy to overlook and modify.
    Lateral blade slides out when you press RIGHT.
    Have a look and try my xml if you like.

vrm

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      222 KB
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      220.5 KB
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      195.4 KB
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      229.3 KB
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      266.1 KB
    • Basichome.xml
      152.5 KB

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    :D vrm42,

It might be relatively easy but I'm having a hard time getting it right though.
    For some weird reason if I minimize to tray and open MP up again with some of your changes it has an invalid xml error. The weird thing is that it doesn't do that at first, only after minimize.
    Besides that the alignment for me is a bit wrong so I'd have to change that but first I need to get it to work like it should.
    This is allover the error.log
    2010-09-10 16:10:26.247324 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: render exception: System.NullReferenceException: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.
    bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIButtonControl.Update()
    bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControl.DoUpdate()
    bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControl.Animate(Single timePassed, Animator animator)
    bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGroup.Render(Single timePassed)
    bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControl.DoRender(Single timePassed, UInt32 currentTime)
    bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Render(Single timePassed)

---EDIT---

Did something wrong, got it now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom