Request: Option to not have the defaultdvdcover and overlay text from the poster view (1 Viewer)

malarcy

Portal Member
April 18, 2007
Hello everyone - really liking StreamedMP and it's ALMOST just how I want it.

One thing that kinda looks odd (IMHO) is TV Series, in LIST POSTER VIEW - when there is no poster can we just not put anything in the left hand side of the screen - the current behaviour of defaultdvdcover.png is OK, but the Title overlay doesn't look good - I hacked out the defaultdvdcover.png bit from the XML by making that control always <visible>false</visible> but the text overlay still remains - and that looks worse.

So - either I have missed where to hack out the text overlay or there is some behind the scenes magic that puts it there.

Therefore can we have an option to not display anything if there is no poster for a TV Series or can you point me to how I can hack out the overlay text.

TIA

Malarcy

spuck

Community Skin Designer
April 6, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I thought this was removed in the later versions of tvseries since the titles have not been showing for me for a while. Well lets see in the next version. :)

malarcy

Portal Member
April 18, 2007
You are right - just downloaded the latest TVSeries plugin and the text overlay has gone away.

Interesting side effect I did notice - when I 1st loaded up and went into tv series the "posters" were not rotated same position just "flat" - went into a series, the poster for the season showed up, rotated, came back to top level and all the posters were rotated like they always were.

Strange.

Thanks for the quick reponse

Malarcy

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    We are removing the rotation of series posters in next release as its not *really* supported. There is a messy workaround, but I will leave that up to Mattsk88 to explain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom