[Resolved] No fanart for "Who is America?" (1 Viewer)

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry to say, not solved here. No fanart showing (e.g. Take Two and Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan).
    The filenames have changed to series ID-numbers.
    From the GUI it tells me the fanart is present locally.

My approach; replaced the DLL, deleted the series from the database, deleted the local files, start import, check results.
    Funny thing is, that the fanart does show in the recently added list overlay.

Any other input I can provide, please let me know.
    Delete all entries from these series in the fanart table in the tv-series database

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I just removed all of the fanart starting with 5 in the filename from the "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Fan Art\fanart\original" folder then added Jack Ryan fanart manually by bringing up the Fanart menu in MPTV-Series. In fact, I had to add Fanart manually for all of the news series that had fanart files starting with a 5 in the filename.

I hope this helps.
    Emph

volumia

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    whereever my feet take me...
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I figured out what was going on on my MP installation. The new DLL works perfectly actualy with the last pointer you gave me.
    It's MPCleaner that's not playing nice. For some reason it just kicks out the fanart from ...\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Fan Art\fanart\original that's in the new format.
    Disabled MPCleaner for now and hope there's a fix on that someday too ;-)

volumia

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    whereever my feet take me...
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I had a look at the TVSeries database, to try and figure out why MPCleaner would toss out the new fanart.
    Maybe that's because of the way it looks up the series? There's a difference in the filenames between the LocalPath (the renamed) and BannerPath (the original online filename) in the Fanart table of the TVSeries database.
    Question is, if you could/would look into that, or should I make a request at m3rcury?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That is something m3rcury will need to handle. The only change to the database entries will be the localpath (downloaded fanart) and thumbnailpath (preview thumb) where by the series ID has been prefixed as you have already noticed. The remotepath is online so that is left the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom