Resume from Hibernate/Suspend - no TV? (3 Viewers)

wunschkind

Portal Pro
January 10, 2005
hi,

powerscheduler never worked for me. i always used pvr-scheduler and "hibernate trigger". everything works best now.

have a nice day,

wunschkind

sbp

Portal Pro
August 10, 2006
Auning
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi I second the opinion of Paranoid Delusion.
I would suggest that Powerscheduler included two more options to "play" with:

1. Kill and then restart MP after resuming (this would fix my remote problem, and people wouldn't have to deal with "startonwake" and extern vbs script.

2. Let us set 5-10 sec pause after MP has started and the TV-card is initiated before it tries to send the channel number through the IR-blaster (often I record the wrong channels after resuming, I think it sends the numbers in another way when resuming (starting everything, connecting to the TV-card ect) than it does when everything has settled down).

Steen

jcee

Portal Pro
November 23, 2004
I experience similar problems:

Powerscheduler puts the system in standby.. when it resumes everything works well.. I tried 10+ times.

BUT if I leave the system in standby for a couple of hours and resume, MP does not behave correctly, it hangs, stutters, freezes..
Killing the task and restarting cures the problem.

So what is the advise now? Is powerscheduler not working that stable? Should one prefer pvrscheduler over powerscheduler..
(I always have the tendence to use the built in features, rather than an additional application)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Try Hibernate instead, if you find thats fine, then i would say it's the firewire connection dropping out during standby, similar to the USB issues.

Solving the problem, has been going on as far back as i can remember.

The good thing about PVR-scheduler because it runs as a service, you do not have to launch MediaPortal (it does this for you).

Yes given the choice, would like everything inhouse, PCI cards do solve the problem, but there are more USB based dual tuner cards than PCI.

Depends whether you need a reliable PVR machine or not, personally i do.

jcee

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2004
    I investigated a little bit.

First I have to say, that I am talking about a system with PCI TV card (not mine), so Firewire is not an issue.
    I tried the Sconi USB IR reciever and came to the same results:

The PC itself goes to standby and wakesup nicely.
    But when I go to standby from within MP (means without exiting MP first), I get the following effects when waking up:

- PC wakes up, screen stays black. I can press (e.g.) the cursor keys to navigate and I hear the sound response when pressing the MP, so obviously MP is running, but the display stays dark.
    ... I guess DirectX is not re-initialized properly?!

- When going into Standby from within the myTV section, MP is completly frozen when waking up.

After killing the task and restarting MP, it works.. But that is not the way it is supposed to work, is it?
    So, the question remains, is there still anything wrong with MP in regard to standby/wakeup?!

sbp

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Auning
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    My setup is also based on PCI card (PVR150).
    However, I'm also using a USB mouse and a wireless USB LAN adaptor. I don't know if my problems is related to the USB WLAN or USB mouse.

But again, killing MP and restarting it after resuming from standby solves the problem.

If I use "reinit tuners" inside Powerscheduler, I get a black screen on wake up, just as JCEE describes.

Steen

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    wireless USB LAN adaptor

I found that changing mine to a PCI version on one of my pcs stopped MP locking up after resume. Drivers are fun things, cannot even blame a particular manufacturer as tried 2 different makes and even my new PCI version is one of those, now running with no problems.

As far as the USB mouse and the MCE e-home receiver, does not seem to give any problems.

eggz2004

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    For all of us users, i think it´s important to have a small utility called startOnWake doing his job, untill our devs don´t fix this issue...;)

probus

Portal Member
    February 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello,
    I'm having similar problems as jcee. When I wake up the system from standby into mediaportal the tv stops functioning. If I then try to watch tv mediaportal either hangs or displays a message "unable to connect to mpg 2 pin". After I restart mediaportal everything starts working again. I don't have to restart the whole system, so it seems that if I only could restart mediaportal after every wake-up it would provide a work-around. I guess this is what StartOnWake is supposed to do, but I can't find it anywhere..
    I have the technotrend c1500 dvb-c tunercard (pci), and no usb devices connected at all. I'll post logs in a while..

eggz2004

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    pvr scheduler works??

Hi P.D.
    i have one question for you related to this issue...
    I´ve been using startonwake to avoid this problem and in the beginning it seems to helped, but lately i notest that even with this method on wakeup i have some Blue Screen probs and no TV signal...

I know that your are using pvr scheduler, for this prob and would like to know if it really solves this no tv issue and also BSOD screens. I would really buy pvr powerscheduler if its worth, so your opinion is crucial for me...;)

Thanks in advance:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom