Resume from Hibernate/Suspend - no TV? (2 Viewers)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I´ve been using startonwake to avoid this problem and in the beginning it seems to helped, but lately i notest that even with this method on wakeup i have some Blue Screen probs and no TV signal

I think i would be very concerned about the BSOD, they usually do point to a hardware\driver problem, which may not show up until some software put's a strain on it.

How about TVE3 with the NEW powerscheduler client plugin, am actually having some success with that.

For a reliable HTPC it must successfully turn on\off for recording and PVRScheduler does this very well for me.

eggz2004

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    The only think that stoped me untill now from trying TV3, was the feedback about the lag time when switching channel. I heard that it takes almost 5 sec to do this...
    On the other hand i think that the Tv server is now better on stability and functions like the new powerscheduler, so i will give it a try these days...

What is your opinion about the long channel switch time?

probus

Portal Member
    February 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    So is the new tv engine better in this respect? In this thread from TVE3 support forum
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/technotrend_s2_3200_not_functional_after_standby-t19854.html
    people are describing similar problems with it, so I haven't tried it yet (it being in beta and all..).
    There is also discussion about a program called taskkill, which seems to provide a workaround, but I'm having some problems (detailed description in the thread) and have not had time to work on these. Anyway that seems to be the my best bet so far if you don't want to use pvr-scheduler.
    On the matter of switching times, apparently new engine is even faster on a single seat setup, but could be slower if you are running a server-client setup over network. I do not, however have any first hand experience on this.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm using a single seat setup for testing and channel changes seem to be 2-3 secs, against near as damn it, instantaneous with MyTV.

Still think the advantages of TVE3 far outway the drawbacks.

But for someone who wants daily use, then 0.2.2.0 is for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom