[solved] Resume last play position... (1 Viewer)

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Hey guys.

ill think i am blind :p
    I know the option is there anywhere ... but i dont find it.
    I want to get the popup which ask me to continue watching at the last stop time of an epsiode.
    The MP VIdeos section does ask me but there is no popup in mptvseries for me.
    It just starts at 00:00.

thx
    pOpY

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It's automatic, there is no option.

If the database has a record of you watching a partially watched video, then it prompts where you left off next time you try to start it.

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    thats really strange!!

When ill stopping an episode ~30min -> ~1800 sec will be written at the field "stoptime".
    I have doubled check this with the mptvseries setup tool.

Is this the resumetime which will be used?
    if yes why it isnt used?

thx
    pOpY

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes, StopTime is the field being used.

I do not know why its not working for you. A log may help! Failing that I would need to look at the code and see if any conditions would prevent it from showing.

I can't say I have ever had an issue with it. Im actually testing this currently with syncing this field from the trakt plugin.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Im actually testing this currently with syncing this field from the trakt plugin.
    So it may be possible in the future to have the resume time synced via trakt??? That would be great!
    Yep, this weekend I will make my first release.

You can start watching on the bus (from compatible trakt v2 app) on the way home from work, then resume when you get home ;) Or start watching in the living room and finish it off in the bedroom.

Currently I start the sync for enabled plugins whenever the machine is turned on or resumes from standby, I would like to improve it by also doing it when entering the plugin from the home screen or periodically whilst machine is running (not sure yet). I think for most people, doing it on startup or resume is enough since machine is most likely off already before resuming where you left off from other device.

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    here are the logs.
    The issue seems to be db related:

[2015-01-29 21:23:24,847] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - GUIVideoFiles: OnPlayBackStopped store resume time
    [2015-01-29 21:23:24,853] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - SQLiteClient: TVSeriesDatabase4.db3 cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:ERROR detailed:duplicate column name: StopTime query:ALTER TABLE local_episodes ADD StopTime String

I have looked into my db and there is a column "stoptime".
    Is the colum name case sensitive? Should it be "StopTime"

thx
    pOpY

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You have a duplicate column in your database, why, surely not due to the tvseries plugin?

The original column name is stopTime.

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Hey ltearme.

Sorry for taking your time. I have found the cause.
    After recreating the database, all was working.
    So i have edit my old db with sqlitestudio (http://sqlitestudio.pl/?act=about).
    Deleted the "stoptime" colum and all the "mpsync" triggers.
    Now also my old db is working again ... with all my data, yipi ;)

It seems that maybe mpsync or any other plugin has created the faulty colum "stoptime" and your plugin is case sensitive and want to create a colum "StopTime" because it doesnt find it.

pOpY

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom