ReVision / Replicant v1.1.8. (4 Viewers)

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    One error i've found that i have to take responsibility for...in the file DialogNotify.xml, there is a "<" missing....if you run something like the zap2it plugin to populate your tv guide, mp will probably crash withing a minute of starting up. To correct the problem, open DialogNotify.xml in notepad (or any text editor), and add a < to the start of the seventh line. It should read:

<type>group</type>

not

type>group</type>

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    One error i've found that i have to take responsibility for...in the file DialogNotify.xml, there is a "<" missing....if you run something like the zap2it plugin to populate your tv guide, mp will probably crash withing a minute of starting up. To correct the problem, open DialogNotify.xml in notepad (or any text editor), and add a < to the start of the seventh line. It should read:

<type>group</type>

not

type>group</type>

Thanks boilermaker, I was trying to track down that problem. When opening that file in XML Notepad 2006 it always gave me an error and I couldn't find it ;-)

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    no problem, its a carry over problem from one of my test releases. i also sent you a pm. It's 2 am here, i should probably sleep at some point tonight. Check out my pm and let me know how much help you want/need working out the rest of the xml differences.

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

tested the skin this WE and I´m quite amazed. Few things, though :

1. The font is awfully small. Very hard to read (almost impossible) in My TvSeries and difficult in My Video
    2. again My TvSeries. No pictures are shown and the series description sometimes (if long enough) has an "overlay problem" (i.e description, time an date are on the same spot). Maybe this isn´t even your problem, but the TvSeries dev´s .....
    3. My Videos. When using Symbols or large icons, the title is displayed on top of the screen. Good idea, but maybe make the font a little lighter - it´s difficult to read.
    4. I love the integration of My Lyrics into My Music. Very well done ! The same is for "Now playing".

I really like the skin, it will be my default for the next....time ;-)

Finally I got all the information on one screen. The display of time in My Music was eagerly awaited by my wife....

Keep up the good work !

mcbelly

Zeljko

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Very nice skin but correct font size in TV, when is Enter pressed. When TV isn't on full screen progress bar it's over title.

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    mcbelly, thanx for the compliments...

1. Default font changed from 12->14.
    2. I don't use the My TvSeries plugin but I'll look into the xml and try to bring it in line with the rest of the skin ;-)
    3. Font changed to White.
    4. Cheers mate :)

Zeljko, could you explain a little more. I haven't got to most of the TV related stuff yet as I don't have a TV card in my laptop - but I will get to it with your help.

@ all, I'm currently working away from homebut will be back soon. I'll add fixes and changes based on requests, and anything else that's found, but I can only update the skin when I get home :-\

Thanks for trying out the skin and bug reporting :)

Zeljko

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Zeljko, could you explain a little more. I haven't got to most of the TV related stuff yet as I don't have a TV card in my laptop - but I will get to it with your help.

Thanks for trying out the skin and bug reporting :)

Pictures tell more than 1k words :D

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    The second picture (wih that girl) has been fixed, I've completely redisigned that screen now - should be much better. In the first picture, what is that dialog that yoy have on the screen - I've not seen that dialog before...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom