REVOLU7ION by explodedk (2 Viewers)

explodedk

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
If anyone is interessered in trying what i have done by now. not much, only basichome, tvseries and moving pictures. i dont have much time skinning so hopefully someone got skills and is willing to test and try skinning as well... leave me a msg in private if you are interested.

da-anda

Portal Pro
December 29, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Short question: are the foldout menus dynamic / configurable, or are those hardcoded? I just wonder how you did it, as no other skin I tested has that feature, which is a nice one in terms of usability and rapid navigation. Just like in XBMC (which I like quite a lot for usability and handling as everything can be managed inside the GUI).

explodedk

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
da-anda i made it very easy to edit. like this :

Code:
<define>#01fanart:mytv</define>
<define>#01image:basichome\buttons\MyTv.png</define>
<define>#01headline:Live TV &amp; Recordings</define>

<define>#01sub01link:602</define>
<define>#01sub01name:Live TV</define>

<define>#01sub02link:600</define>
<define>#01sub02name:TV Guide</define>

<define>#01sub03link:603</define>
<define>#01sub03name:Recorded TV</define>

explodedk

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
for those who already msg'ed to wanna test - it seems its not workin as i want to.. i make a new file for all and msg u all tomorrow...

Kossan

Portal Pro
August 11, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I'm real happy with the skin, i love the simplicity. Its like the monochrome but better.
I like to try out THE plugins TV-Series and Moving Pictures, haven't got those skin file to work properly.

Kossan

Portal Pro
August 11, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks. It works now and its nice.
A couple of things is bothering me.

1. At basic home. The selected sub-menu should be highlighted or underlined not crossed out.
2. There are too much wasted space in TV-Series And Moving Pictures. In my opinion the Fanart should be a nice feature, and not be the main "thing" on my screen. I want information in the center and fanart as a background.

At last, Good work!

explodedk

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
1. At basic home. The selected sub-menu should be highlighted or underlined not crossed out.
i will make it highlight insted. i wasn't to pleased with it crossed either.

2. There are too much wasted space in TV-Series And Moving Pictures. In my opinion the Fanart should be a nice feature, and not be the main "thing" on my screen. I want information in the center and fanart as a background.
after playing around with streamedmp and mediastream i give you absolutely right... will work on that aswell..

oxymoron08

Portal Member
January 4, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
ok had a quick play just now, there a few issues related to screen position when running my plasma at its native res of 1024x768. I will post up issues with screenshots after some food, say in 3 hours :)

The skin is great, please please please complete it :) IT WILL Be the best of them all.

One thing I would like to mention now, on the basichome.xml page under settings tab can u add a menu to enable use to shutdown computer, sleep, hybernate & close mediaportal. That feature would complete basichome nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom