Rework DeployTool (2 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks, so not sure if we have to change that or do a proper way :)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just a quick comment, I've been updating all of my machines to 1.4.0 (Custom Data Grabber) over the last few days and all of them gave me the "Invalid file handle 32" error during install.

I assume since this has been fixed the 1.5.0 installer won't have this problem?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The fix is in WIP mode, if accepted by the team, it should be fixed yes for next MP :)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    The fix is in WIP mode, if accepted by the team, it should be fixed yes for next MP :)

So if my understanding is correct, the installer is looking in the wrong place for the font. The fix moves the font. Presumably an alternative to this would be to make sure the installer is looking for the font in the correct place, correct?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So if my understanding is correct, the installer is looking in the wrong place for the font. The fix moves the font. Presumably an alternative to this would be to make sure the installer is looking for the font in the correct place, correct?

In fact deploytool use NSIS installer (so i don't really understand why it failed) and the workaround from winamp forum is to copy font next to installer script.
    Using Separate installer is ok so i don't really know what happen, like i said, deploytool only launch separate installer :) but maybe some option (command line one and not sure if exist) are not entierely working

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Mark can you try reinstall to see if you can get 'Invalid File Handle 32' message without the WIP fix ofc :) (i can't reproduce it right now)
    I have change something on DeployTool and maybe it's fixed but i can't test.
    I will post bin in few minutes :)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Mark can you try reinstall to see if you can get 'Invalid File Handle 32' message without the WIP fix ofc :) (i can't reproduce it right now)
    I have change something on DeployTool and maybe it's fixed but i can't test.
    I will post bin in few minutes :)

With the latest version, I also don't seem to be able to reproduce the problem. Can you tell me what you changed that might have fixed this so I can test before/after ?

Edit - this is with the latest version in GIT. I need to do more testing, to be certain I don't still have the patch there.

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Okay, tested again and I cannot reproduce the problem any more. Could it be that running with the patched version has done something to my system that means this problem doesn't crop up?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Git branch didn't have the font patch, the font patch is only font moved to where is setup.nsi.
    So i don't think so the patch change something on your system, it's more a reboot that solve it now, it seems that it's random but for sure seems related to font :)

With the new bin (in above post), i change the command line that deploytool start when start 'package-mediaportal.exe' to see if it solve the issue but like i can't reproduce it even with the git branch (without the fix) it's hard to tell.

I have try to lock font from windows folder and i can't get the error message too lol.

Maybe DragonQ can test it again ? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom