Rework TV Graphbuilding CC/Post Process (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Sebastiii

I found a peculiar thing today. o_O I was in MP Config and noticed that DVB Subtitles was ticked, but I haven't been seeing subtitles in TV which seemed strange as I haven't installed your patch yet (well I did but uninstalled it again, along with some other patches, as I had some problems, nothing to do with your patch I don't think), so I would be expecting subtitles to come on every time I start TV.

So I checked the files and it seems I restored all the 1.2.3 files EXCEPT for core.dll which is from your v49 (2452 KB, dated 15/04/2011). It seems this is all I need, as subtitles default off and come on when I tell them to :) I may well be missing something, but is there any reason why I need to use the TVPlugin and WindowPlugins? Your patched configuration.exe I assume is just modded to allow setting DVB subtitles to default on or off, and as they seem to default off (which is what I want) without it, I guess I don't need that either?

By the way, I'd really like to use the Master Volume patch as well, but that also uses a patched core.dll (and configuration.exe), so I was wondering if you might be able to collaborate with the author of that to release a combined patch, so that we don't have to wait for 1.3 (which hopefully will incorporate both patches)?https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-master-volume-mute-in-vista-and-above.98463/

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi doveman,

Sorry for the delay, i n fact tvplugin and windows plugins was a change in subtitle name (so not very important) but fix an issue when switch subtitle (by remote or "L" key between CC1 and DVB and Teletex).

So yes the most important part was in core.dll and ofc need configuration to enable the or not subtitle @ TV start.

About Master Volume, i will to merge source for you.
    Seb :)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Sebastiii
    Thanks for the explanation. I guessed the plugins probably were used for something that I just hadn't found yet ;) I'll make sure I use them to fix the issue you mention :)

Thanks for the kind offer to merge the source for me (y)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hi,

It's needed to work on filter, i manage to accept connection from h264 stream on Core CC Parser, but like i was supposed, it was not enough.
    I think it's needed to implement the h264 analyse stream but it's out of my competence.
    If anyone is interested, i have VS2010 compatible source for CoreCCParser :)

@Sebastiii

Do you have the CoreCC parser source code/VS project still around ?

Did anyone else take the H.264 parsing further ?

(I'm thinking that it might be possible to incorporate the EIA-708 CC parsing into TsReader, since it already has to parse the video stream for other reasons).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom